British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Leicester - Championship - 6pm - Sunday 19 September 2021

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

No mention in the report on the Lions website this morning about why Dan Thompson was missing.

Bad case of dandruff maybe , anyway it didn't make much difference . Kennedy tried his heart out and took the majority of the r/r outings , but Howarth was minging so his outing never did any damage 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Is that a non-speedway related illness? If so a 7 day absence?

It will soon change to a "covid reaction" as the young lad had his 1st jab & felt ill about 18-24 hours later after doing a double header Saturday night.

48 minutes ago, BrizHeathen said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Tigers may be lulled into a false sense of security with this result?

A couple of below par performances from the Lions...low and beyold, two extra paydays...must be the cynic in me.

Nick Morris end of match interview suggested he was very happy to have  2 extra matches;).It’s all about earning money after all,doesn’t matter what team.Tigers fans  can’t be sure what any Tiger will do in his next race (exception Cook).

Edited by Fromafar

1 hour ago, BrizHeathen said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Tigers may be lulled into a false sense of security with this result?

A couple of below par performances from the Lions...low and beyold, two extra paydays...must be the cynic in me.

Yes

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Nick Morris end of match interview suggested he was very happy to have  2 extra matches;).It’s all about earning money after all,doesn’t matter what team.Tigers fans  can’t be sure what any Tiger will do in his next race (exception Cook).

It’s easy for nick to say that. It's not him trying to find dates to put on the meetings nor him trying to find the money or change shifts so fans can attend and support there team. And surely every track should aspire to what Glasgow produces, unpredictable exciting fair racing. 

35 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

It’s easy for nick to say that. It's not him trying to find dates to put on the meetings nor him trying to find the money or change shifts so fans can attend and support there team. And surely every track should aspire to what Glasgow produces, unpredictable exciting fair racing. 

Of course it’s easy for him to say he just has turn up,he didn’t produce this league play off system,I’m only repeating what he did say on Sunday in response to another poster.Regarding racing it’s top class at Glasgow and IMO the riders are unpredictable due to their inexperience in the sport given their relative young age..

• Like 1