British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Leicester - Championship - 6pm - Sunday 19 September 2021

11 minutes ago, MD said:

Over two million VOTES not voters. Damn facts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Scottish_Parliament_election

This won’t go down well incoming on the way.

I got a 6 fold up tonight even wee Jimmy couldn’t upset me.

Right back to the Speedway.

Edited by Gazc
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2021 at 11:04 AM, jenga said:

it was supposed to be 3 working days , but now i see it could be 28 days . 

why oh why will it take that long when all they have to do is press a few keys on the on line booking site and press the send button  .

it would be better to put bookings on the return fixture and after the fixture ,see who has not used their pass and then refund them . 

its not as if its 20 days or so before the fixture will take place 

on a brighter note , well done to the Thompson twin who actually rode with guts to do 4 laps 

looks like i will have to pay for another pass for Wednesday and hope its not a bog again .

Received my refund yesterday.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Will Kyle Howarth ride for Leicester or Sheffield who are also riding tomorrow?

He's never prolific at GLA despite the odd decent ride. R/r would mean an extra ride for D Thompson and Douglas with the reserves taking the rest unless a TS is required. Dont see his absence or inclusion influencing the meeting in any great way.

On the official Sheffield site it states Kyle will be riding for Leicester on Sunday due to league preference days 

21 minutes ago, Neila said:

Looking at forecast that was just on bbc looks like rain from mid afternoon !! Another worry to get the fixture in. And a car full of comets fans now not coming up 

Keep saying it but the blank weeks in the warm summer months and now cramming meetings in is an annual mystery.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Keep saying it but the blank weeks in the warm summer months and now cramming meetings in now is an annual mystery.

Should have left the cut off point where it was.

For league positions in the playoffs the SCB could have awarded 4 points to the away team (still race the meetings after the cut off point to get the proper results) so the playoffs could have started. It's the same every year so covid isn't an excuse.

Not really fair on Scunthorpe and Edinburgh who will go in not having raced a match for a while (although they are just as close to finishing bottom of the league as they are to the top) due to them getting their matches raced.

35 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Keep saying it but the blank weeks in the warm summer months and now cramming meetings in is an annual mystery.

Exactly. If Leicester win tonight don’t know why Edinburgh, Redcar matches can’t go ahead next week. Leicester need Ashfield match to go ahead. Glasgow don’t.