British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Leicester - Championship - 6pm - Sunday 19 September 2021

Trying to make sense of it all with bit part info. Leicester complain at 5pm bends 1 & 2 are too soft so spend 2 hours scraping every speckle of dirt off, tonnes of it, to the point of glass. Why? Was it really that soft or did Leicester not want to ride a grippy  track? Two hours wasted watching tractor racing. Nothing short of embarrassing.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Looking at the forecast I’m not hopeful of Glasgow getting either of the remaining home fixtures in before the deadline. But hopefully they’ll accept tonight’s tickets on Wednesday if it does run rather than make me pay for another one and wait a month for the refund from tonight.

Having travelled up from the Midlands for this circus, I went to the ticket office and obtained a refund there and then.

1 minute ago, MD said:

Trying to make sense of it all with bit part info. Leicester complain at 5pm bends 1 & 2 are too soft so spend 2 hours scraping every speckle of dirt off, tonnes of it, to the point of glass. Why? Was it really that soft or did Leicester not want to ride a grippy  track? Two hours wasted watching tractor racing. Nothing short of embarrassing.

From my perspective it was the home riders who didn't want to ride when they finally took the track. Cookie was all but lapped by Dan Thompson.

2 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Having travelled up from the Midlands for this circus, I went to the ticket office and obtained a refund there and then.

Think the riders made there mind up well before the grading they weren’t up for it.

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

From my perspective it was the home riders who didn't want to ride when they finally took the track. Cookie was all but lapped by Dan Thompson.

Kyle Howarth appeared to be the most vocal about the track.

But it’s there body on the line if they feel it’s unsafe who are we to question it.

38 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Hans Andersen now has to travel back for Peterborough monday,  then down to kent tuesday,  back to Glasgow wed , then back for Thursday at Peterborough.lets hope hes got people doing his driving and maintaining his bikes 

He didn’t look very happy tonight

41 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Hans Andersen now has to travel back for Peterborough monday,  then down to kent tuesday,  back to Glasgow wed , then back for Thursday at Peterborough.lets hope hes got people doing his driving and maintaining his bikes 

The twins have to be in Edinburgh Friday as well.

Edited by False dawn

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Think the riders made there mind up well before the grading they weren’t up for it.

I agree. They rocked up to the gates looking like they were ready, but to me it looked like Morris didn't bother round the first bend, Craig saw he was in third and decided not to bother, and Broc had a little go before realising there was no one behind him. Thompson gave up in sympathy. They dropped like flies one after the other, from fourth to first.

It looked like they took us for mugs. Was it perfect? No. But it didn't look dangerous. I've seen plenty meetings in far worse than that, including at Ashfield.

Track staff worked hard and to me it looked like they'd given them a half decent track. The problem looked like a lack of heart to me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Noelinho said:

I agree. They rocked up to the gates looking like they were ready, but to me it looked like Morris didn't bother round the first bend, Craig saw he was in third and decided not to bother, and Broc had a little go before realising there was no one behind him. Thompson gave up in sympathy. They dropped like flies one after the other, from fourth to first.

It looked like they took us for mugs. Was it perfect? No. But it didn't look dangerous. I've seen plenty meetings in far worse than that, including at Ashfield.

Track staff worked hard and to me it looked like they'd given them a half decent track. The problem looked like a lack of heart to me.

In these situations I seem to remember the advice was to attack the track. George stancl would've got track record on it!! If you go out riding like that it's going to catch you out

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Leicester demanded the initial track changes which started the nonsense off, as far as im aware.

• Like 1

An unrequested and uneducated opinion. Arrived early, track looked fine albeit a bit wet(roads on the way home were very wet). Someone, or some people, made an unnecessary fuss over conditions no one listened to the track curator who said the track will be fine. Leicester representative not happy with the referee because of Friday night, willing to stir the messy stuff to rearrange. All being equal, as a team, the wagons should of been circled and the pressure put on the away team. 

On a side note, when the chips are down, the young ones always want to give it a go. Well done Mr Thomson.

• Like 1