British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2022

Until contracts are actually signed, either party can change their minds. Deals can be agreed in principle, but it means nothing until they’ve put pen to paper and even then sometimes things change. I can remember Louis changing his team at the 11th hour a few years back, the evening before the seven were due to be named. Can’t remember one of the swaps, but one involved Stefan Nielsen and Joe Jacobs. 

Think Ipswich have ballsed up a few signings / changes over the last decade or so. 

There was Adam Ellis,, the Australian chap with the Polish name,,, sedgemen in out in out oops back in one,,, and that's just off the top of head. 

If we are going with Kerr,,, no disrespect to him but would rather not 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Think Ipswich have ballsed up a few signings / changes over the last decade or so. 

There was Adam Ellis,, the Australian chap with the Polish name,,, sedgemen in out in out oops back in one,,, and that's just off the top of head. 

If we are going with Kerr,,, no disrespect to him but would rather not 

And we did sack Kerr a while back too

5 minutes ago, Badge said:

And we did sack Kerr a while back too

Yeah remember Kerr dint last long when he was at Foxhall a few yrs ago, dunno what's happened to him this season coz he always was sharp from the gate, haps he's had one crash to many and lost his edge.

9 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Poor Summers..... not even a paragraph for him, barely a sentence.

Good signings, will have a decision to make if Riss and Barker come back.

There are 2 articles - the link in the thread is the Rohan one. They obviously have a mirror reference to the other but concentrate on the individual signing :t:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Panthers99 said:

Kudos to Ipswich, a club who regularly informs fans of news. 

It won't catch on.....

Despite my own frustrations and falling out of love with the sports direction one thing I would never feel the need to question is the way the club individually has embraced and improved its media output and the effort that Chris and the team put in to make the Foxhall experience the best it can be for the fans

• Like 2

Sometimes a line in the sand and a fresh start , letting go of past issues , is a good thing

A bold and necessary move that I applaud the club for and one they deserve to work out

Welcome Aaron and welcome back Rohan

• Like 1

It’s a double move which makes us significantly stronger but tungate has behaved appallingly in the past to fans, management and sponsors. 
however he is back older wiser hopefully and Jason Doyle should inspire him to give his all

i feel for Ben. Ten days on and still no result and lost his premiership place due to Ipswich having to make a change today due to the new rules. 
if he is innocent he has lost a lot.  

32 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Despite my own frustrations and falling out of love with the sports direction one thing I would never feel the need to question is the way the club individually has embraced and improved its media output and the effort that Chris and the team put in to make the Foxhall experience the best it can be for the fans

I take my hat off to Ipswich, they are by far the most professional run club in the UK. On the ball with social media embracing it & using it to their advantage. The website is also one of if not the best out there. 

If only Louis & Guy could take over UK speedway we might have a chance.

A couple of great signings there too, when Riss is fit certainly give Louis & Hawkins a headache.

• Like 1

Decent moves that definitely strengthen us up heading into the playoffs, real shame for the outgoing lads, sadly injuries play a big part in speedway.

difficult situation Ben finds himself in, the reality is even if he’s innocent that likely means he readings came up non negative due to him being so dosed up on legal painkillers due to riding with injuries, tbh I’m much happier moving forward with 7 fully fit riders.

surely Rohan has grown up a bit since he last rode for us and ruffled the feathers of almost everyone, either way he’s a decent little rider and if we’re gonna be champions we’re likely going to have to beat belle vue over two legs and he was very fast around the nss when riding for them in the past.

aaron has been banging in points since his return to the sport, have no qualms he’ll big a valuable asset for the witches, I believe he’ll start at reserve too which surely makes him one of the straightest reserves in the league

• Like 1

It’s hard to see how Louis could have done any better than that, well done.

It means that we should keep a strong reserve for the remainder of the season which is important. An out and out number one with a strong reserve makes for a very competitive team.

All the best to Riss and a speedy recovery. If Ben has been a silly boy then so be it, but if proved innocent then he will have been very unlucky.

• Like 1