TOGLIATTI – 14 Pkt.

1 – Igor KONONOV (2, 3, 2, 3

2 – Igor SAYDULLIN (0, 1, 1, 2

11 – Andrey ANISIMOV (0, 0

KUMERTAU – 5 Pkt.

5 – Aleksandr FESENKO (0, 1, 0

6 – Mikhail GORSHKOV (0, 0

13 – Vasily NESYTYKH (2, 1, 1

Looks like Mega Lada are not going to finish on the rostrum at this stage. I'm struggling to remember last time this happened!

Standings after heat 16:

UFA – 28 Pkt.

9 – Evgeny SHAROV (2, 2, 0, 2, X

10 – Dinar VALEEV (3, 0, 1, 3

15 – Nikita BOGDANOV (3, 3, 3, 3, 3

SHADRINSK – 22 Pkt.

7 – Artem BURMISTROV (1, 2, 1, 0, 1

8 – Matvey VOLKOV (0, 1, 0, 2

14 – Dmitry SOLYANNIKOV (3, 3, 2, 3, 3

KAMENSK-URALSKY – 20 Pkt.

3 – Dmitry KHOMITSEVICH (0, 2, 3, 2, 1

4 – Dmitry KOLTAKOV (1, 3, 2, 1, 2

12 – Hans WEBER (1, 2

TOGLIATTI – 18 Pkt.

1 – Igor KONONOV (2, 3, 2, 3, 3

2 – Igor SAYDULLIN (0, 1, 1, 2, 1

11 – Andrey ANISIMOV (0, 0

KUMERTAU – 8 Pkt.

5 – Aleksandr FESENKO (0, 1, 0, 0

6 – Mikhail GORSHKOV (0, 0, 1, 0

13 – Vasily NESYTYKH (2, 1, 1, 2

SUPER LEAGUE ROUND 6, VYATSKIE POLYANY
Saturday February 27

Ufa 32 (Bogdanov 18, Valeev 8, Sharov 6)
Kamensk Ural 29 (Koltakov 12, Khomitsevich 11, Weber 6)
Shadrinsk 27 (Solyannikov 17, Burmistrov 5, Volkov 5)
Togliatti 22 (Kononov 15, Saydullin 7, Anisimov 0)
Kumertau 10 (Nesytykh 7, Fesenko 2, Gorshkov 1) 

League Table: Togliatti 29, Ufa 28, Kamensk Ural 20, Shadrinsk 13, Kumertau 6

23 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Bogdanov seems to be the new Krasnikov, destined to dominate the sport for many years to come. Remember, he is still a Junior !

Really looking to seeing him ride in Heerenveen. World Champion at his first attempt?

1 hour ago, JamesHarris said:

Has there been any indication yet as to whether the Russian riders will be allowed to compete? It's going to be extremely difficult for them to travel to Holland in current circumstances. May get the first western champion in 20 years!!

A good question. Something I hinted at on another thread as to whether it would be safe for Russian riders to travel through Poland for example in sponsored vans. The tensions will be very high and an attack on individuals can’t be dismissed. After Russia left Rast Germany many military personell were attacked on their way home through Poland. 
I hope they are ok traveling around 

If Russian riders are banned, May the rest of the field pull out?. An all Russian podium is a certainty anyway and the field, if all Russian would be stronger. Just a thought.

36 minutes ago, iris123 said:

A good question. Something I hinted at on another thread as to whether it would be safe for Russian riders to travel through Poland for example in sponsored vans. The tensions will be very high and an attack on individuals can’t be dismissed. After Russia left Rast Germany many military personell were attacked on their way home through Poland. 
I hope they are ok traveling around 

Judging by some of the abuse Gleb Chuganov got on Twitter in the last week simply for being Russian, it is a real possibility that the four Russians may well pull out. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, customhouseregular said:

If Russian riders are banned, May the rest of the field pull out?. An all Russian podium is a certainty anyway and the field, if all Russian would be stronger. Just a thought.

If they were banned then it's a hard one. Would the western riders compete? probably yes. If one of them scored enough over the 2 days to become champion they will always be a world champion but would they be a world champion on merit? NO

1 hour ago, Conkers said:

Judging by some of the abuse Gleb Chuganov got on Twitter in the last week simply for being Russian, it is a real possibility that the four Russians may well pull out. 

It is sad, but inevitable

Many Ukrainians, between a million and two, so i heard live in Poland. Plus many polish people don't paricularly like Russians anyway, and even more now. One of my colleagues lives around 50km from the Belarus border. Well he has a house there and his parents live in the same area. He has genuine worries about the future etc. And i hate to say it, but people travelling in recognisable Russian vehicles will be the target of some abuse and attacks. That is the reality

Edited by iris123

On 2/27/2022 at 5:55 PM, JamesHarris said:

If they were banned then it's a hard one. Would the western riders compete? probably yes. If one of them scored enough over the 2 days to become champion they will always be a world champion but would they be a world champion on merit? NO

Whilst I agree with you in principle, if the Russians withdraw/ are banned, then their points stand. But everyone else who competed in the first two rounds could also argue that they did win it on merit having competed in all four rounds. 

The way things are going, the FIM have already cancelled the Togliatti GP, plus some other motorcycle sport events in Ukraine (due to the situation) and Russia, so it may well be they are banned before they withdraw.

However, the event is four weeks away. Things could change.

On 2/28/2022 at 7:29 PM, Conkers said:

Whilst I agree with you in principle, if the Russians withdraw/ are banned, then their points stand. But everyone else who competed in the first two rounds could also argue that they did win it on merit having competed in all four rounds. 

The way things are going, the FIM have already cancelled the Togliatti GP, plus some other motorcycle sport events in Ukraine (due to the situation) and Russia, so it may well be they are banned before they withdraw.

However, the event is four weeks away. Things could change.

Only two weeks until the second Euro final.

I read on speedweek that Hans Weber who is still in Russia suggests the Russian riders do not believe they'll be allowed to ride in Heerenveen.

I'd been contemplating a there and back in a day for the Sunday............ but if the best riders in the world aren't riding in the world championship then maybe not.

13 hours ago, Bavarian said:

Highly unlikely that there will be any Russian riders in the Euro final in Poland or the World final in Holland.

According to http://www.speedway-press.ru/2022/03/marFIMrusfimsan.html the FIM are holding an extraordinary meeting to decide about Russian riders participation in FIM events.

There is also an article about Polish Clubs terminating the contracts of Russian riders http://www.speedway-press.ru/2022/03/marRUSleagueout.html

Doesn't look like any Russian riders will be able to ride outside their homeland at the moment. 

This is going to be a very tough decision for the FIM but even harder for the CCP as the only Russians competeing in any form of motorcycle sport at present are the Ice racers, We have a while longer to make a decision on the Speedway riders but with the IOC forcing the Russian team out of the Paralympics & not even allowing them to stand under the Olympic flag.

I think the safest way forward for the FIM is to suspend all Russian nationals from competing outside of the MFR territory at this point.

On 3/4/2022 at 12:37 PM, Technik said:

This is going to be a very tough decision for the FIM but even harder for the CCP as the only Russians competeing in any form of motorcycle sport at present are the Ice racers, We have a while longer to make a decision on the Speedway riders but with the IOC forcing the Russian team out of the Paralympics & not even allowing them to stand under the Olympic flag.

I think the safest way forward for the FIM is to suspend all Russian nationals from competing outside of the MFR territory at this point.

I understand that the FIM are to release a statement regarding the Russian riders and the remaining international meetings this evening or tomorrow.