British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Plymouth Friday 10 September 7.30pm

8 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I no there my team, but using r/r against Glasgow is not going to cut it.i fear this one might cost your promoters a shed load of points Money we will be lucky to score 30 points.

I think realistically your only guest options would've been summers or starke given amount of teams racing tonight. Neither of whom would likely score what the son of God would either

20 hours ago, Paulco said:

That night was beyond belief , hopefully it stays dry for you and the rest of us tomorrow 

The rain that evening was obscene. I didn’t bring my umbrella because the forecast was for light showers. I was on the back straight stand and talking to a couple that had come up from England. We talked about Rye House for ages (I’m from Hoddesdon originally) whilst the rain came down, but by the time the meeting was called off, I was soaked through every layer imaginable. Maryhill was flooded on the way home.

You get used to rain in Glasgow, but that was as bad as you’d ever see. And we had the same again on the Sunday!

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Enjoyed that again tonight. Score doesn't reflect the racing or effort Plymouth put in to the meeting. Ruml and Cook in particular can't have worked so hard for so few points. Nowak could just be a trump card going into the play offs

Glad the meeting was entertaining, take a bow bjarne pedersen, Jason Crump hmmmmmmmm!

11 minutes ago, lewy said:

Glad the meeting was entertaining, take a bow bjarne pedersen, Jason Crump hmmmmmmmm!

Bjarne improved as meeting went on, still a class act could ride couple more seasons but can see why wants to go out on his terms. Sad to see crump getting passed by riders wouldn't be on same postcode as him in his prime. Jumped more starts than the sarj tonight ha

Superb meeting tonight, Plymouth's fast starting lower order meant Glasgow had to overhaul them which made it great to watch heat after heat. Ruml worked out how to ride the fast line in ht14 and was gradually reeling in Nowak who had a superb debut, much more to come from him.

The only down side was the referee letting the 2 minutes run out and riders still fannying about at the tapes a minute later. Its nonsense like that that ruins the sport and puts people off. Its 2 minutes for a reason.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MD said:

Superb meeting tonight, Plymouth's fast starting lower order meant Glasgow had to overhaul them which made it great to watch heat after heat. Ruml worked out how to ride the fast line in ht14 and was gradually reeling in Nowak who had a superb debut, much more to come from him.

The only down side was the referee letting the 2 minutes run out and riders still fannying about at the tapes a minute later. Its nonsense like that that ruins the sport and puts people off. Its 2 minutes for a reason.

Rumi was the same at Berwick,good prospect.

Enjoyable meeting tonight , the Pole looks the part and can only get better.

Connor was superb tonight and looked really fast just a pity Sam had a rare off night but can’t be critical as he has been immense at home all season.

• Like 1

Just now, Jaizer said:

Just thinking that with broc now coming into form and the pole at reserve of he could take on the no.5 position move Brennan to 2 and wells at 4?

Cammi Browns position will be in danger with these legitimate well thought out permutations.

• Haha 4

Just now, Jaizer said:

Haha Been problem position since ulles injury, while wells starting to improve don't think he's that second heat leader

Thing is we have options now if anyone not on it as Sam was tonight our reserves are showing some potential to score big especially at home.

Agree about Broc seems to be hitting form at the right time , cut out the one tapes exclusion per meeting would be even better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Sad to watch a former world champion struggle to beat 2nd tier second strings and reserves . We had that with Les Collins in his final season , it is hard to watch 

• Like 2