British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2022

On 7/3/2022 at 1:29 PM, Bald Bloke said:

Our away stats so far this season are poor to say the least. Surely it can only improve ? :unsure:

Rides              race wins

NKI             15                         5   Gone

Richie         13                        4    From reserve, now at 2

TJ                 15                        2    Now at reserve

Lewi            11                       2

Richard     15                        1

Josh           11                        1

Did you hear Alex interviewed on Radio Norfolk this morning, he is devastated. Reflecting on the night it was a matter of 'if only', we'd worked so hard after being 5-1'd in the first heat to gain a 6 point advantage going into heat 10, nobody can complain at that!  Panthers only evened it up in 14 then it was the last heat decider, nobody was gonna beat Bomber, he was riding the air fence all the way round! Josh was in 2nd trying his best to slow Ostergaard to help Rich past but Rich had his ef, lost a chain apparently and that was that booooo :( A good away performance without a number one and with Lewi having a mare really!

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Did you hear Alex interviewed on Radio Norfolk this morning, he is devastated. Reflecting on the night it was a matter of 'if only', we'd worked so hard after being 5-1'd in the first heat to gain a 6 point advantage going into heat 10, nobody can complain at that!  Panthers only evened it up in 14 then it was the last heat decider, nobody was gonna beat Bomber, he was riding the air fence all the way round! Josh was in 2nd trying his best to slow Ostergaard to help Rich past but Rich had his ef, lost a chain apparently and that was that booooo :( A good away performance without a number one and with Lewi having a mare really!

I think the blocking that Pickering was attempting needs to be looked at. On a track as fast as Peterborough it’s dangerous. Team riding is one thing but this is blatant blocking which isnt allowed in other forms of Motorsport. Only have to see what happened to Adam Ellis in the pairs when Lawson did the same thing to see what can go wrong. Creates a difference in speed between the riders which inevitably causes issues and increases the likelihood of a rider catching a back wheel. 

7 hours ago, Trees said:

No Trees i didn't. But no doubt he was after being 6 up. I do worry with Lewi and TJ though. Time for them to move on next season for me. On a brighter note it was great to see  that Josh and Richard are winning races again, and i thought Richie scored well in the 1-5. 

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

No Trees i didn't. But no doubt he was after being 6 up. I do worry with Lewi and TJ though. Time for them to move on next season for me. On a brighter note it was great to see  that Josh and Richard are winning races again, and i thought Richie scored well in the 1-5. 

It’s more important than ever the Stars sign a replacement for Niels , hopefully before the next meeting at Belle Vue. I also think that a change is needed this season for either Kerr or Jorgensen. Tungate is looking for a British team place and Klindt was a while ago. Could either replace Niels?

28 minutes ago, mrss said:

It’s more important than ever the Stars sign a replacement for Niels , hopefully before the next meeting at Belle Vue. I also think that a change is needed this season for either Kerr or Jorgensen. Tungate is looking for a British team place and Klindt was a while ago. Could either replace Niels?

Either would fit.

8 hours ago, Sully said:

I think the blocking that Pickering was attempting needs to be looked at. On a track as fast as Peterborough it’s dangerous. Team riding is one thing but this is blatant blocking which isnt allowed in other forms of Motorsport. Only have to see what happened to Adam Ellis in the pairs when Lawson did the same thing to see what can go wrong. Creates a difference in speed between the riders which inevitably causes issues and increases the likelihood of a rider catching a back wheel. 

You've got to pick your place to do it for sure ...... 

3 hours ago, NickH114 said:

Hans Andersen does it at the showground regularly.

He rides defensively, can’t argue with that, generally because he doesn’t have the speed these days but I haven’t seen him blatantly throttle off to the extent Pickering and Lawson have both done at the showground this year down the start / finish straight. 

3 hours ago, Haza said:

Think we might as well accept team changes are very unlikely to happen mainly because of rider availability . Hopefully the rules will be relaxed  on 3 league rule for 2023 .

Exactly, there just aren't riders available unfortunately. We'll never know how hard they have tried but nobody has come up with a plausible suggestion yet. 

However we can't be allowed a facility for Iversen until September or whenever, that would be farcical. 

18 minutes ago, Sully said:

Anyone know if Dale Allitts latest tweet is speedway related?

No idea, but that would be a good guess. Looking at wording, don't think it's about Boris. 

Maybe Alex wants more control at KL? If that was the case I wouldn't be against it.... Or I could be reading it completely wrong, so don't quote me !!