British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2022

If we have any chance of top 4 we need 2 riders imho. Obviously 1 for Neils, if we can find one, and 1 for either TJ, Lewi, or Richie. I think any one of them 3 are ok at reserve, but any 2 of the 3 ain't strong enough for our engine room.

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If we have any chance of top 4 we need 2 riders imho. Obviously 1 for Neils, if we can find one, and 1 or either TJ, Lewi, or Richie. I think any one of them 3 are ok at reserve, but any 2 of the 3 ain't strong enough for our engine room.

Absolutely agree with what you are saying but I’d say odds on favourite for me is sticking with what we have will be shocked if they make a change -in my opinion I think the thinking is if we make the top 4 all well and good if we don’t the safety barrier can go away to next March - lack of rider availability comes into it obviously but there is a certain lack of ambition as well . 

5 hours ago, Haza said:

Absolutely agree with what you are saying but I’d say odds on favourite for me is sticking with what we have will be shocked if they make a change -in my opinion I think the thinking is if we make the top 4 all well and good if we don’t the safety barrier can go away to next March - lack of rider availability comes into it obviously but there is a certain lack of ambition as well . 

Who do you suggest?

I've just seen this from Lewi Kerr. Made me laugh :D

Holder was excluded for the incident which took place while riding behind Kerr, and the duo had a few words in the pits afterwards.

Kerr said: “He blamed me for him falling off. He called me something, so I let him have it.

53 minutes ago, Trees said:

Who do you suggest?

Like I said rider availability or lack of riders  - Though Justin  Sedgmen was one that was available but he’s been snapped up - so like I said they will stick with what they got . 

Edited by Haza

34 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I've just seen this from Lewi Kerr. Made me laugh :D

Holder was excluded for the incident which took place while riding behind Kerr, and the duo had a few words in the pits afterwards.

Kerr said: “He blamed me for him falling off. He called me something, so I let him have it.

He's a bit of a plonker at times.I always thought he would be better than his brother but I don't think he will be a patch on him now.Bit of a prima donna imo

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, tellboy said:

He's a bit of a plonker at times.I always thought he would be better than his brother but I don't think he will be a patch on him now.Bit of a prima donna imo

He was strutting around like an arrogant so and so all evening with a daft grin on his face, quite an unlikeable chap really. Good on Lewi for not taking his crap.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He was strutting around like an arrogant so and so all evening with a daft grin on his face, quite an unlikeable chap really. Good on Lewi for not taking his crap.

I was only 6 ft away against the wire barrier. Lewi was off his bike like a rat up a drain pipe. Pretty sure i heard Holder call him a W:blink:

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Rohan Tungate is looking for a British team place. He could replace Iversen .

Not sure if i'd want that tbh. But i doubt there are many options, unless someone one is willing to drop a country.. But if it did happen it would leave us 1.30 under the limit, and i think we would have to try and use that to strengthen one of TJ ,Lewi or Richie if we are serious about top 4. But again there's not much about. We don’t really have the time to hang about waiting to see if NKI can come back later on.

Edited by Bald Bloke

On 6/29/2022 at 8:57 AM, tellboy said:

The new averages  from July 1st are:

NKI 7.59

Pickering 7.21

Lawson7.02

Worrall 5.80

Kerr 5.61

Jorgensen 5.47

Total 38.70

Huge problem for Lynn now imo is that Jorgensen goes to reserve.I really do think maybe a double change is needed now obviously NKI needs to be replaced,but with Jorgensen going to reserve i think he made need replacing too.We no longer have a good No6, but we have gone from that to nearly the worst one, he should be ahead of Kemp but on par with Allen, Riss and Etheridge and definitely behind Basso.

Another season of woes maybe?

Think you're being overly hard on Jorgensen, he's averaging 5.78 (6.52) this year, which is the highest 2022 ave for any current reserve!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Think you're being overly hard on Jorgensen, he's averaging 5.78 (6.52) this year, which is the highest 2022 ave for any current reserve!

Thomas will surely feel confident against other reserves, I sincerely hope he has a good run now ......

8 minutes ago, Trees said:

Thomas will surely feel confident against other reserves, I sincerely hope he has a good run now ......

He should do Trees,but you just never know what you are going to get from him.So inconsistent.If he can't score 8+ every time from reserve then you may as well try new blood.

This season seems to be heading in the same direction as many seasons before unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

He should do Trees,but you just never know what you are going to get from him.So inconsistent.If he can't score 8+ every time from reserve then you may as well try new blood.

This season seems to be heading in the same direction as many seasons before unfortunately.

We've been lucky then unlucky with Niels and now Jack.  

Of course some of our guys are inconsistent and we need them to do the biz.  

Going to be a struggle tomorrow at Peterborough for Stars. They are going there with a team with only 2 heat leaders, and 1 of them hasn’t been going great recently. Can’t imagine Edwards will get many points, I hope Jorgensen can clean up at reserve. I sincerely hope I am wrong , but I can see another defeat for Stars. Then it’s season over.

2 hours ago, mrss said:

Going to be a struggle tomorrow at Peterborough for Stars. They are going there with a team with only 2 heat leaders, and 1 of them hasn’t been going great recently. Can’t imagine Edwards will get many points, I hope Jorgensen can clean up at reserve. I sincerely hope I am wrong , but I can see another defeat for Stars. Then it’s season over.

Our away stats so far this season are poor to say the least. Surely it can only improve ? :unsure:

Rides              race wins

NKI             15                         5   Gone

Richie         13                        4    From reserve, now at 2

TJ                 15                        2    Now at reserve

Lewi            11                       2

Richard     15                        1

Josh           11                        1

Edited by Bald Bloke