British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2022

51 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Are Poland about to flex there muscle further ??

Poland's 2nd and 3rd tiers have got excellent investment this season from a new TV deal and, with that, comes the usual increase in sponsors who want to get seen....

Maybe that has persuaded a fair few to give the UK a miss given they can earn well riding just one meeting a week in Poland, as well as riding in their own countries....

Just because they are allowed to do "Poland and two others" at that level, doesn't mean they have to if they feel they are earning enough...

And the Polish Div 2 and 3 heat leaders are the "target market" I would think for the UK promoters...

On 4/1/2022 at 9:18 AM, Bagpuss said:

If you mean the Round the Boards podcast I think that was rumour/speculation concerning Kildemand. Although personally I have concerns about his shoulder seeing as he had all winter to get it sorted (presumably) and its gone after his first practice session.

If he doesn't come over Lord knows who would replace he and Puk.

Are they the same people that do the no brakes, no fear podcast which is starting again next week. If so they might keep tabs on it.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Are they the same people that do the no brakes, no fear podcast which is starting again next week. If so they might keep tabs on it.

Nope don't think so, the Round the Boards one is by three chaps who are doing their first podcasts. The main guy is a Lynn fan, it's worth a listen. 

Hello,

I just read recent Speedway Star, section with season preview. In King's Lynn I found such a part:

image.png.d1b4b5a71ad020f5ad26404dc79ef20a.png

What is "Premiership: 2001" in there? At that time there was no Premiership. King's Lynn was riding in Elite League and didn't win it. I didn't find any competition they won that year.

7 minutes ago, Vicar said:

Hello,

I just read recent Speedway Star, section with season preview. In King's Lynn I found such a part:

What is "Premiership: 2001" in there? At that time there was no Premiership. King's Lynn was riding in Elite League and didn't win it. I didn't find any competition they won that year.

What that not the early season trophy contested between the winners of the league and ko cup from the previous year?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vicar said:

Hello,

Jason Crump won the Elite Lge riders championship in 2001 riding for Kings Lynn. Maybe that counts...:D

9 minutes ago, HenryW said:

What that not the early season trophy contested between the winners of the league and ko cup from the previous year?

Exactly this, Premiership Shield or something similar. We beat Eastbourne over two legs, they had won the League and us the Cup in 2000. Remember Puk having some his first rides over here as a number 8 in the home leg. 

Edited by Bagpuss

4 hours ago, Vicar said:

Hello,

Not bad for 56 seasons !!!!

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

So are the Kildemand 'not returning' rumours true then??

Supposedly injured for the first month yet rides tonight in Poland for Gniezno

PSX_20220404_233337.jpg

Killer was the rider that worried me when he was announced. I didn’t think he would do a season, and that made him a risk, and the risk in last seasons team only lasted 2 meetings.. I hope to be proved wrong on this, because it could stuff our season up..

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

We've never been a proper team in the top flight. 

We're the prop-up team in the top flight. 

What utter rubbish 

Have a look at results for 2000 was very unlucky not to have won the top flight that season and also early 70s we was there it there about a to say we’ve never been a proper team in the top flight is absolute rubbish. 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1