British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2022

Doesn't seem to be tickets available to buy online for Lewis's meeting or home fixtures in general. 

Bit of a backward step of you ask me, unless I'm just impatient... 

The ticket office on stars website still talks about 2021 tickets and nothing showing as available. Anyone would think we still lived in the dark ages and computers had never been invented in West Norfolk...

Not many photos around online but no Iversen or Lawson in the ones I can find?

Planning to go to Ipswich next Thursday if the weather behaves, would be nice to see this team start the season with a couple of positive results against the old enemy.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Planning to go to Ipswich next Thursday if the weather behaves, would be nice to see this team start the season with a couple of positive results against the old enemy.

Social media bubble seems to have burst there was a time P and P would have seen loads attend and photos and comments uploaded to social media - it could be because the age of speedway fans now don’t do social media .

Edited by Haza

31 minutes ago, Haza said:

Obviously very little interest .

I remember not too long ago that P+P used to get decent crowds in attendance, bars were open and plenty of food wagons were there expecting a good days business..

At the old track the car park was often very well used by Aces fans..

Shows by how much, and how quickly, interest in league racing has been lost in the last 15 to 20 years in this country..

Still plenty of fans follow the sport tough, so that is a positive to try and harness, which is proven by the FIM events held over here, the SON last year, and this years British GP being two examples, and meetings like the Peter Craven Memorial on Monday show there is still a decent fanbase out there if they could be enticed back...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I remember not too long ago that P+P used to get decent crowds in attendance, bars were open and plenty of food wagons were there expecting a good days business..

At the old track the car park was often very well used by Aces fans..

Shows by how much, and how quickly, interest in league racing has been lost in the last 15 to 20 years in this country..

Still plenty of fans follow the sport tough, so that is a positive to try and harness, which is proven by the FIM events held over here, the SON last year, and this years British GP being two examples, and meetings like the Peter Craven Memorial on Monday show there is still a decent fanbase out there if they could be enticed back...

Getting families with young children interested is the key to the future .

Maybe some fans don't go to P&P now because of social media.Plus with the Kerr meeting on Sunday many fans have seen the riders in real action.

Back in the day when P&P was well attended you couldn't get to see anything online.Now people expect it to be online so they don't have attend a P&P.

There is a good and a bad side to social media imo.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Maybe some fans don't go to P&P now because of social media.Plus with the Kerr meeting on Sunday many fans have seen the riders in real action.

Back in the day when P&P was well attended you couldn't get to see anything online.Now people expect it to be online so they don't have attend a P&P.

There is a good and a bad side to social media imo.

Very good point .

To be fair to the club social media has been a lot better through the winter. My thought was that they've released few pictures etc as part of an agreement with the EDP & Lynn News but I could be wrong. Would be nice to know where Lawson was though, not ideal when riders are missing fr P&P.

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I popped in form 7 till 8. NKI was there. TJ i believe was there in the morning, but had a plane to catch, so missed the evening. I didn't see Richard .

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Seems from the Poole thread that Lawson is ill and from Oxford social media that Thomas cracked two ribs at Lewi's meeting.

Yeah they announced at the beginning of the p+p live stream at Poole that Lawson was ill and they were told the day before. They are hopeful he will be riding in Bjarne's farewell meeting. Not sure if KL have a meeting before Weds? 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah they announced at the beginning of the p+p live stream at Poole that Lawson was ill and they were told the day before. They are hopeful he will be riding in Bjarne's farewell meeting. Not sure if KL have a meeting before Weds? 

First meeting Thursday at the Foxhole. Just a bit irritating we have to find out about our riders from their other teams.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2022 at 7:45 AM, Haza said:

Social media bubble seems to have burst there was a time P and P would have seen loads attend and photos and comments uploaded to social media - it could be because the age of speedway fans now don’t do social media .

there was a time when we were stopped from posting our pictures on social media by one of the promoters, not sure if that promoter is still at KL though.

i think the reason was that photographers were making money out of the club :rofl:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, stevehone said:

there was a time when we were stopped from posting our pictures on social media by one of the promoters, not sure if that promoter is still at KL though.

i think the reason was that photographers were making money out of the club :rofl:

Brundle?

• Like 1

1. Niels Kristian Iversen

2. Thomas Jorgensen

3. Josh Pickering

4. Lewis Kerr

5. Richard Lawson

6. Richie Worrall

7. Jack Thomas

8. Jake Mulford

Seemed to be the riding order based on the pictures I saw, can anyone confirm this? Not a terrible looking side once you have it out on paper, but still finish in the bottom 2 imo.

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Niels Kristian Iversen

2. Thomas Jorgensen

3. Josh Pickering

4. Lewis Kerr

5. Richard Lawson

6. Richie Worrall

7. Jack Thomas

8. Jake Mulford

Seemed to be the riding order based on the pictures I saw, can anyone confirm this? Not a terrible looking side once you have it out on paper, but still finish in the bottom 2 imo.

Bottom 2? They look strong all the way through to me! Take out NKI and Thomas and they are all proven Championship heatleaders!! The other teams must be amazing then.