British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2022

6 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

was committed to 2019 pre-pandemic and is still racing in Italy, there was a rumour saying he was going to stop completely but he hasn't

His reason for quitting UK was because he was travelling too much and not spending enough time with his family in Italy!!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

His reason for quitting UK was because he was travelling too much and not spending enough time with his family in Italy!!

That was 2019, a couple of years is a long time and what's he doing to pay the bills?  Plus he's still racing and having success so hopefully he might get the itch to come back 

19 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

4 Ex Witches in that side should please the locals :rofl:

Speedway riders are pretty much 'Ex Everyone" the speed they change teams... 

And of course whilst guesting some can pretty much represent every team in the league, in particular the top league, with only five other teams to ride for.. 

When you go on YouTube and watch league matches from say five or so years ago it is amazing to see current riders riding for teams that I had zero recollection of them ever riding for, with many being one season only team members. 

I suppose when you use averages you will always get "We need a 5.96, to complete the team, so he'll do as he isnt bad around our place"...

https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/i-know-the-top-five-we-have-got-for-next-season-and-there-w-9227049/

Wonder who Lawson is hinting at here. Josh Pickering is the obvious candidate as he was excellent on both visits.

Maybe squeezed out of Sheffield with them going for a top three of Holder, Ellis & Musielak?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Speedball said:

https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/i-know-the-top-five-we-have-got-for-next-season-and-there-w-9227049/

Wonder who Lawson is hinting at here. Josh Pickering is the obvious candidate as he was excellent on both visits.

Maybe squeezed out of Sheffield with them going for a top three of Holder, Ellis & Musielak?

Most probably

2 hours ago, Speedball said:

It could be anyone, most away riders rode well at Kings Lynn this year ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Whilst i think Pickering would be a good addition,you also have to look at a rider or two who you think may put a point and some on their starting average.He may do that but he is now a 7+.If Lynn had any forward thinking they would have got him last season when he was around 4.7.Hopefully they will have a surprise signing who they may think will do this.

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Whilst i think Pickering would be a good addition,you also have to look at a rider or two who you think may put a point and some on their starting average.He may do that but he is now a 7+.If Lynn had any forward thinking they would have got him last season when he was around 4.7.Hopefully they will have a surprise signing who they may think will do this.

You are right but I think its probably time to put last year behind us and look forward, Pickering would increase the home scoring and entertainment factor significantly and would be a great signing. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You are right but I think its probably time to put last year behind us and look forward, Pickering would increase the home scoring and entertainment factor significantly and would be a great signing. 

Absolutely agree about Pickering hence why i said he would be a good addition.But with the last place or two left i think they need to find a gem like Sheffield did with Pickering last season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

It could be anyone, most away riders rode well at Kings Lynn this year ;)

To be fair, a mate said exactly the same to me. Can’t disagree :unsure:

Don't really see Bjerre coming back to Lynn. Don’t think either he or the club enjoyed it last time round. Think he’d be more likely to go to Peterborough and either MPT or Harris moved to Lynn (not Ostergaard before Flappy starts) :nono::D

Edited by Speedball
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Agree about that. Musielak would have fitted that mould perfectly but they wouldn’t pay what’s required.