British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2022

48 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The season has been really bad but I'm not convinced the team for 2022 will be much better. They're talking about 2 'Rising Stars' next year (wrong imo), this most likely to be Mountain & Kinsley. 

Jorgensen, Lawson & Kerr already in for 2022.

Peterborough are losing Pedersen, Wolves losing Schlein, will Crump continue, Sheffield could lose Holder as may look to stay abroad, also who really wants Batchelor now? 

Rider's will be at a premium next year unless more foreign rider's become available to the UK, this I don't see, especially the higher quality ones. 

You just look at the rider's at other Prem clubs & you just don't see them wanting to move, especially to King's Lynn. We will be the last pickings for them. 

We've also got the possibility of Oxford joining the league. 

I seriously do not hold out much hope for improvement at all. 

Exactly they've already got the majority of this year's team so expect the same rubbish as this year.:sad:

13 minutes ago, Warriors said:

Exactly they've already got the majority of this year's team so expect the same rubbish as this year.:sad:

Unless the fixed race night changes then Oxford will be in the Championship anyway running on Friday nights...

I think both Holders are going to be at Sheffield next season, could be the only season especially if Jack qualifies for the GP's in 2023

Possibility that Iversen, Zagar, Doyle maybe looking to the UK alongside the likes of Klindt, Thorsell  some other foreigners that have missed  season or two plus some younger foreign riders, then you will get an influx of new aussies, BWD said he is looking to ride next season with another Kiwi rider, who that is I do not know.

24 minutes ago, Haza said:

Of course it’s anyones title never said it wasn’t - I can hear the bleating now out of Pboro had Lynn won the title and Pboro finished bottom so why would be any different for  some Lynn fans ? - definitely Buster saved Pboro from closing and the last thing anyone wants is clubs to close . 

2019 we were awful and there was bleating but it appears it was misdirected bleating 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Flappy said:

2019 we were awful and there was bleating but it appears it was misdirected bleating 

Panthers was the best side by far and congratulations on the title win hopefully Chapman and Alitt will balance things out a little between both clubs next season though at Lynn top priority is stock cars which doesn’t help . 

3 hours ago, Haza said:

Wonder if you’d feel the same way had it been the other way round and Lynn had won the title and Panthers had finished bottom ? Peterborough seems to me have  gained more than Lynn from this dual ownership. All Lynn fans want is a owner promoter that give 100% to Kings Lynn not 60- 40 to Pboro. 

Can honestly say it didn't bother me in the slightest, I know and accept that Buster and Dale are involved with both clubs. Our team didn't work out this year, theirs did. Hopefully ours will be better next season.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Haza said:

Of course it’s anyones title never said it wasn’t - I can hear the bleating now out of Pboro had Lynn won the title and Pboro finished bottom so why would be any different for  some Lynn fans ? - definitely Buster saved Pboro from closing and the last thing anyone wants is clubs to close . 

That’s not correct, had Keith Chapman not bought the Club after the 2018 season Ged and I would have continued running it, it would not have closed and was never in danger of closing under Ged’s stewardship. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Haza said:

Well it’s all history now - the main thing is the club doesn’t make the same mistakes for the coming season . Definitely think Lynn fans deserve a good team after watching our closest rivals be crowned champions last night and with Alitt in his panthers hoodie in the photos and on tv that really sticks in my throat .Only in speedway would this happen it’s like the Norwich city manager being in the dug out at an Ipswich Town game wearing an Ipswich shirt .

Or Delia Smith with her blue and white rosette before the FA Cup final all those years ago :D

2 hours ago, Haza said:

26 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

That’s not correct, had Keith Chapman not bought the Club after the 2018 season Ged and I would have continued running it, it would not have closed and was never in danger of closing under Ged’s stewardship. 

Perhaps more accurate had Haza have said the purchase stopped the top flight from closing rather than Peterborough......??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrss said:

People can say Dale Allitt was entitled to celebrate, but it really pissed me off seeing it on tv. He always made out he is a Kings Lynn Stars man. I was cheering Belle Vue, because as a Stars fan ,I hate to see our local rivals do well.

As a Lynn fan i actually wanted Peterborough to win.But Allitt celebrating really pissed me off too,as you say he has stated quite a few times that he is a Stars man.He does talk plenty of bull.The Peterborough fans have all this to look forward to if he remains there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

As a Lynn fan i actually wanted Peterborough to win.But Allitt celebrating really pissed me off too,as you say he has stated quite a few times that he is a Stars man.He does talk plenty of bull.The Peterborough fans have all this to look forward to if he remains there.

What exactly does Allitt do within the club(s) even last night he always looks scruffy, 

Peterborough winning the league MIGHT make the club a more sellable prospect to someone , 

4 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Pity Ged didn’t then  it saved a lot of aggravation- would have been interesting to see just where Pboro would have been today celebrating a title or not ? My bet not 

Edited by Haza

8 hours ago, Haza said:

Pity Ged didn’t then  it saved a lot of aggravation- would have been interesting to see just where Pboro would have been today celebrating a title or not ? My bet not 

Difficult to follow your post, but I don’t see why we couldn’t have won a league title - we always put an attractive and successful team on track.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Dale is a licensed Promoter at Kings Lynn.

Maybe he should stick to doing that there is plenty for him to sort out at Kings Lynn ahead of next season building a competitive team for starters . 

41 minutes ago, Haza said:

Maybe he should stick to doing that there is plenty for him to sort out at Kings Lynn ahead of next season building a competitive team for starters . 

If those who run the sport are happy to celebrate 'other teams' success as if it was their own, then it shows, when you add in the constant sharing of riders at any given moment, that there really isnt any rivalry at all is there? 

No wonder many fans, mainstream media, and major potential sponsors, dont treat it as a serious team sport, given the plethora of evidence to the contrary laid bare in front of them all the time.. 

• Like 6