British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2022

34 minutes ago, Lynnfan91 said:

When you own captain is against you, what hope do you have?

There is no alternative to guests don't forget...

They are a neccesary evil...

Everyone knows that...

Yet some other leagues seem to stupidly not agree...

Will these other leagues ever learn? . :D

25 minutes ago, mikebv said:

There is no alternative to guests don't forget...

They are a neccesary evil...

Everyone knows that...

Yet some other leagues seem to stupidly not agree...

Will these other leagues ever learn? . :D

Well you just say you're not available... You don't ride for your playoff rivals this late on in the season 

3 minutes ago, DazS said:

yes its not as if you have any bills to pay

Would be a nice little earner too I would think..

A good incentive from the team you are riding for will be on the cards I reckon.

Probably not a large minimum but a fair old bit of money per point on the table...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mikebv said:

A good incentive from the team you are riding for will be on the cards I reckon.

Probably not a large minimum but a fair old bit of money per point on thetab

12 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Probably not a large minimum but a fair old bit of money per point on the table...

They shouldn't have to rely on guest appearances to pay the bills, should concentrate on your own team and score more for them

21 minutes ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Well you just say you're not available... You don't ride for your playoff rivals this late on in the season 

Yeah sure he turned down guesting at Glasgow for this very reason but that was in the Jubilee thingy and Edinburgh and Glasgow were in the same group. But his bff is the Wolves captain, so maybe felt he wanted to help out idk.

23 hours ago, Lynnfan91 said:

I can understand fully why Lawson is riding for Peterborough tomorrow against Sheffield... but why is Klindt riding for Sheffield!? If he scores well for them and they win then that screws Lynn 

Riders don’t even think about it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Riders don’t even think about it.

Another pay day...

Nothing more, nothing less...

As many meetings as possible is the view riders take...

Who it is for is largely irrelevant....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lynnfan91 said:

I see Pickering was very happy to be in the Wolves pits, helping our playoff rivals win 

And why not?

They may need a guest in the play offs so it could keep his season going...

And guesting in play offs can bring a higher premium given the clubs willingness to offer a larger incentive than a normal meeting...

Given the whole season uses guests ad nauseam, who have all subsequently influenced the current table by doing so, it really is almost disingenuous of fans to complain towards the end of the season how these guests then shape the finish of it...

A bit late in the day for fans to question the credibility of a system that doesnt have any, after spending months being quite accepting of it...

I am sure Bomber will be keeping his bikes in good condition and his phone in his hand at all times...:D

• Like 1

Lawson Pickering and Klindt are all here to earn money if Buster said I will pay you your match average points money not ride I think they’d taken him up on it but can’t see Buster doing that - not sure what the answer is though the sport can’t be taken seriously while guest manipulate the league table..

8 hours ago, Lynnfan91 said:

I see Pickering was very happy to be in the Wolves pits, helping our playoff rivals win 

While it was still mathematically possible for Lynn to make the playoffs, too many miracles required for this to happen.  For that reason, I think you are grasping at straws to refer to Wolves as your playoff rivals.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Haza said:

Lawson Pickering and Klindt are all here to earn money if Buster said I will pay you your match average points money not ride I think they’d taken him up on it but can’t see Buster doing that - not sure what the answer is though the sport can’t be taken seriously while guest manipulate the league table..

Exactly why it is best not to take it seriously and just watch the racing...

It won't ever move on to become "mainstream" as it is so severely restricted by its operating model, which will always dissuade any major sponsors or media to get involved.. 

But it still can be a very decent night out if you take it at face value as being nothing much more than somewhat of a contrived, but entertaining and exciting, proposition..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Haza said:

Guests haven’t manipulated the league table as far as KL are concerned, that’s down to poor team building, once again.