British Speedway Forum

Leicester vs Plymouth 28 August 2021

Glasgow is a big fixture. I hope I can make it. An early turn up will be advised I expect.

Just to add - thought it was good that Crump did an interview on the centre green. He's been a good servant for British speedway. Felt the Leicester fans appreciated his opening win. We saw a glimpse of that old class,

Good meeting that, Leicester's becoming quite the race track these days, several meetings where I've seen some good passing there now. Ruml's going to make a name for himself as an entertainer I think, both tonight and at Perry Barr on Wednesday he's been giving it a great go out in the dirt on the outside line.

What a moment for Dan Thompson passing the still classy Crump, I just missed the full celebration that was going on but I think it was his dad in the pits who looked absolutely made up at that one! 

• Like 1

A decent match, close throughout until Plymouth ran out of steam, 3 riders scoring just 1 point between them was going to catch up with them... and some good racing too.

Ruml looks like a good prospect, but why you'd keep Cook and/or Keleher over Jason Edwards is beyond me unless it's down to numbers. Also Keleher was massively unlucky to be discluded for "unfair riding" in heat 1 it was clearly an all 4 back.

Was good to see Dan swoop by Crump, who, let's be honest is loooong past his use by date, but a good "name" scalp nonetheless. It's a shame Crumpy didn't come round to wave at the crowd after his race victories as I'm sure a lot of the crowd would have wanted to have shown their appreciation.

And to put the cherry on the icing on top of the cake Richard Lawson even graced us with his presence in heat 15... although there were reports of a large lorry load of cash seen backing up to his van in the pits. :P

• Haha 1

Does "all four back" officially exist as an option for refs? It's just something they seem to do when a rider comes off on the first bend.

Enjoyable meeting, some very good racing. Pickering & Lawson were impressive, Crumpy ran out of steam, but Plymouth were really a four man team. 

Impressed with Kennedy, he seems to be improving week by week.

4 minutes ago, LionsFan said:

Does "all four back" officially exist as an option for refs?

Well, it's worded differently in the rule book no doubt, unsatisfactory start or first bend bunching, the ref has the facility to put "all four back"... it definitely was not unfair riding.

21 hours ago, iainb said:

Better than when Eastbourne and Leicester conspired to keep the absence of Ed Kennett a secret until 5 minutes before the parade the other week. Well done to the Plymouth promotion for being up front with their fans. According to the Leicester website and twitter feed Bjarne is still riding!

Is that a fact or are you guessing!

13 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Is that a fact or are you guessing!

I'm guessing... perhaps it was just a coincidence that nobody mentioned it, in the 24 hour age of information, until it was too late.

3 hours ago, iainb said:

A decent match, close throughout until Plymouth ran out of steam, 3 riders scoring just 1 point between them was going to catch up with them... and some good racing too.

Ruml looks like a good prospect, but why you'd keep Cook and/or Keleher over Jason Edwards is beyond me unless it's down to numbers. Also Keleher was massively unlucky to be discluded for "unfair riding" in heat 1 it was clearly an all 4 back.

Was good to see Dan swoop by Crump, who, let's be honest is loooong past his use by date, but a good "name" scalp nonetheless. It's a shame Crumpy didn't come round to wave at the crowd after his race victories as I'm sure a lot of the crowd would have wanted to have shown their appreciation.

And to put the cherry on the icing on top of the cake Richard Lawson even graced us with his presence in heat 15... although there were reports of a large lorry load of cash seen backing up to his van in the pits. :P

Iain i agreed with you on the “unfair riding “ exclusion until I looked at a picture posted by Mark Hall that clearly shows the other 3 riders in a normal corner position & Keleher just about to T bone Dan Thompson. To me that would be unfair riding IMO, he impedes Dan from racing so it was the right call by the referee who I have never heard of before .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Well, it's worded differently in the rule book no doubt, unsatisfactory start or first bend bunching, the ref has the facility to put "all four back"... it definitely was not unfair riding.

There's no such rule as "all four back" in a case of first bend bunching.  If the referee stops a race -- at any point, first bend or not -- he "shall disqualify the rider he deems responsible for the stoppage"

5 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Iain i agreed with you on the “unfair riding “ exclusion until I looked at a picture posted by Mark Hall that clearly shows the other 3 riders in a normal corner position & Keleher just about to T bone Dan Thompson. To me that would be unfair riding IMO, he impedes Dan from racing so it was the right call by the referee who I have never heard of before .

A still picture does not tell the whole story though, I'd like to see a video replay of the incident. Who was the ref anyway?

1 minute ago, crescent girl said:

There's no such rule as "all four back" in a case of first bend bunching.  If the referee stops a race -- at any point, first bend or not -- he "shall disqualify the rider he deems responsible for the stoppage"

Is that a new rule then? Since when?

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The Ref obviously ( rightly or wrong)did not see it as 1st bend bunching and ex Keleher as cause of stoppage.

Wasn't stated as cause of the stoppage though, announced as unfair riding.