British Speedway Forum

Leicester vs Plymouth 28 August 2021

Andersen hasn't scored like a number 1 away from home, six at Plymouth & Birmingham. There may also be an issue with his availability if we have any more rain offs and/or  have to ride on "off" nights to get the fixtures completed as I think he has teams in Denmark & Poland.

I don't know why Lawson didn't perform or ride in heat 15,  he's usually a reliable performer at Leicester; can only speculate it was money issues, hopefully that problem wouldn't occur at Beaumont Park. 

1 hour ago, PowerfulPierre said:

Think Leicester will stick with what they've got but Lawson to Plymouth is a very definite maybe!

Would imagine Eastbourne riders will want to move to teams that will qualify for the playoffs so as to maximise their potential income. Though agree its unlikely Lawson would replace Andersen, surely Stuart Dickson wouldn't be so ruthless. 

12 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Rory Schlein according to the Leicester match preview.

I'm honestly surprised at Rory taking the booking with everything he's got going on off track!! 

By Monday he will have done 8 meetings in 8 days, which followed 4 meetings in 5 days the previous week.

His scores have been a little 'hit & miss' to say the least. 

37 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Lawson will surely go to Glasgow to replace Cook?!

More importantly who is replacing Nick Morris over the next week?

Sorry no, Lawson will be a shock signing for --------------? so then free to take guest bookings for Glasgow!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LionsFan said:

Lawson to Leicester in place of Andersen? A bit harsh perhaps but I imagine he would be cheaper and I don't think we would lose much scoring power.

Lawson may well be at lEICESTER BUT...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lewy said:

He is not Plymouths rising star,maybe Leicester could give him a team place if you feel so strongly about it.

One of the most entertaining riders I've seen at BP this year

Story so far:

Jason Edwards, rising star for Eastbourne is replaced by Nathan Ablitt and signs for Plymouth where he is not a rising star. Alfie Bowtell occupies that position. Jason Crump acquires a new average of 6.98 enabling the signing of Richard Lawson who rides his first meeting for Plymouth at Leicester tomorrow. In the meantime, he rides as a guest for Glasgow this evening.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

Jason’s National League club, Mildenhall,  similar to Beaumont Park IMO - maybe he’s  used to the shape and banking and feels more confident 

Are Mildenhall still riding... is there even still an NDL?