British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh v Poole 27/8/21 7.30pm

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think  Szko the authorities again did Danyon no favours, his average from his first spell with Ipswich was quite high and they refused to lower it.That cost him and endless lesser riders ( ie) Smith ( ect) got chances and it must of been so frustrating for the lad.This Poole side has real strength in depth and for me they are at times covering for the heat leaders.That seems a strange comment as they have all scored heavily at times  i think Poole will win the league but if they don’t i recon it will be because of the heat leaders.

Having just seen the new September 1 averages, both Rory and Steve have increased theirs with (surprisingly) Danny dropping slightly!

Assuming the new averages are correct (you're never 100% sure with BSPl!) then Poole should retain their same 1-7 riding order for September, which I confess surprises me slightly, unless Middlo reckons Worrall and King switch 3 & 5? BUT if it ain't broke, why change it?

Edited by Skidder1

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Having just seen the new September 1 averages, both Rory and Steve have increased theirs with (surprisingly) Danny dropping slightly!

Assuming the new averages are correct (you're never 100% sure with BSPl!) then Poole should retain their same 1-7 riding order for September, which I confess surprises me slightly, unless Middlo reckons Worrall and King switch 3 & 5? BUT if it ain't broke, why change it?

Why change it no reason to Skidder the heatleaders are all riders i like Worrall especially sometimes he throws a duff one in but he has been class.Look at the Redcar/ Edinburgh away encounters what riders scored ? quite surprising really .Sorry to be a pain Skidder what are the Poole averages.? 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

But we beat them home and away. I think Redcar would be tougher for us.

Indeed, but on paper they look your closest challengers. Redcar haven't looked strong enough to me at any point this season. Edinburgh far too top heavy and Glasgow have had their top end strength ripped apart losing their top two. 

As ever with Play Offs form can be different then as they are a couple of months away but a Pirates v Lions final looks most likely right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Indeed, but on paper they look your closest challengers. Redcar haven't looked strong enough to me at any point this season. Edinburgh far too top heavy and Glasgow have had their top end strength ripped apart losing their top two. 

As ever with Play Offs form can be different then as they are a couple of months away but a Pirates v Lions final looks most likely right now.

Much depends how Glasgow resolve the Cook situation .IMO

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Its nice to hear Sam Master being gracious in defeat quoting Matt never brings in a bad rider, always bring in a good rider. Onward and upwards

20 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

All will be revealed soon.

Suspense is killing me , its like finding out who shot JR part 2.

But I have other things to do I have to go and watch the paint dry on my bedroom wall i painted earlier.

Congrats to Pirates on winning at Edinburgh. Wish the original fixture wasn't washed out as I couldn't make it this time. 

But well done lads on the 4 points, almost into the semi-finals.

Basso on the Gasso! :party:

Edited by PirateShip