British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh v Poole 27/8/21 7.30pm

Richie back. Drew Kemp replaces injured Luke Crang. Weather looks good. Should be a cracking meeting.

From Monarchs website:

Poole's proposed visit to Armadale earlier in the month was postponed, but this Friday we will have the big showdown with the Pirates in excellent form hoping to extend their lead at the top of the table.

They have a team with very few weaknesses – highly experienced heat leaders in Rory Schlein, Danny King and Stevie Worrall plus talented backup men. These now include the young Dane Benjamin Basso who is rated very highly and made a good start on his debut last weekend. It will be Poole's first ever visit to the West Lothian circuit.

The What the Fork Monarchs will be pleased to welcome back Richie Worrall who missed last Friday's match. The original assessment of two broken fingers was downgraded to one cracked finger and he reports that he has no problems gripping things, advancing his return to the track. Monarchs had put Nick Morris on standby as a guest had this been required.

They do have to replace reserve Luke Crang who damaged his knee during last Friday's match (in which he gained 5 points). He has been ruled out and Drew Kemp will stand in, making his Armadale debut.

It is the last scheduled visit for Rory Schlein who arrived in the UK twenty years ago and plans a Farewell meeting in October. He spent his first four formative seasons with the Monarchs. (It is possible of course that the clubs could meet again in either the Knockout Cup or the Championship Playoffs). He would also be first on the list should there be space in the Armadale fixture list for a Scottish Open Championship this season – Rory has won it four times and has a burning ambition to make it five!

Amongst the results that have taken them to the top, Poole managed to win at Leicester, and scored no less than 61 at Newcastle.

Team manager Alex Harkess has expressed some disappointment with recent Monarchs' displays at home and is looking for better. "Amongst the Pirates, Rory and Steve Worrall are riders who we always associate with our club since they did so much when they were here. I welcome them and their team mates, but exactly as with Scott Nicholls last week, it's a warm welcome but I hope you don't have too good a night! I'd like to believe that for once we will do what we should be doing at home."

As with all Armadale matches this season Friday's match will be Live Streamed, however the stream will be available only to those outwith a 25 mile radius of the track. Anyone within that limit but unable to attend should email info@edinburghmonarchs.co.uk

WHAT THE FORK MONARCHS: Sam Masters (capt.), William Lawson, Kye Thomson, Josh Pickering, Richie Worrall, Drew Kemp (guest), Nathan Greaves.

PIRATES: Rory Schlein, Benjamin Basso, Stevie Worrall, Stefan Neilsen, Danny King (capt.), Ben Cook, Danyon Hume.

It matters not whether he has ridden there or not. A huge upgrade to make sure Edinburgh don’t lose.

I look forward to watching this on the live stream. No expectations on the result though a point would be good and a win sensational.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It matters not whether he has ridden there or not. A huge upgrade to make sure Edinburgh don’t lose.

I look forward to watching this on the live stream. No expectations on the result though a point would be good and a win sensational.

It is a massive upgrade however I still fancy you to take a win our tail end even with kemp aren’t going to score enough to win us the meeting.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well it could mean it takes him a ride or so to get to grips with the track, like Broc Nicol at Poole. So we need to punish them in those early heats :D

Luke didn't mention having a sore knee last Friday night (on his facebook page or on the updates site).

In fact he seemed to be racing for the Bullets on Saturday night (didn't say he was missing the meeting on his facebook page).

I have come to the conclusion that the league will be decided by whoever's rising star is injured at the correct time so they can fit Alfie, Drew or Leon into their team. 

Luke Crang Speedway
August 20th at 8.58pm  · 
MONARCHS DRAW
Edinburgh’s Sam Masters and Josh Pickering secured a last heat 5-1 to ensure a share of the spoils in tonight’s match against Kent.
In a tough night for the home side they had to scrap their way back from the brink of defeat, and in truth Kent were the better side on the evening.
On a personal level Luke got among the points, scoring 5 from his 3 rides and he hopes that will boost his confidence going forward.
He said: “It was a very tough night for the boys and the track was tough to ride. I think it shows the character within the team that we managed to pull it back to get the draw.”

Luke Crang Speedway
August 20th at 10.44pm.  · 
BULLETS V ROYALS
Tomorrow night the Berwick Bullets take on the Kent Royals in National League action at Shielfield Park, following on from the Bandits match against the Kings.
The Bullets will be aiming for crucial league points as they look to continue their title challenge!
Get your tickets now - www.berwickspeedway.co.uk/tickets

1 minute ago, sparks123 said:

Luke didn't mention having a sore knee last Friday night (on his facebook page or on the updates site).

In fact he seemed to be racing for the Bullets on Saturday night (didn't say he was missing the meeting on his facebook page).

I have come to the conclusion that the league will be decided by whoever's rising star is injured at the correct time so they can fit Alfie, Drew or Leon into their team. 

Luke Crang Speedway
August 20th at 8.58pm  · 
MONARCHS DRAW
Edinburgh’s Sam Masters and Josh Pickering secured a last heat 5-1 to ensure a share of the spoils in tonight’s match against Kent.
In a tough night for the home side they had to scrap their way back from the brink of defeat, and in truth Kent were the better side on the evening.
On a personal level Luke got among the points, scoring 5 from his 3 rides and he hopes that will boost his confidence going forward.
He said: “It was a very tough night for the boys and the track was tough to ride. I think it shows the character within the team that we managed to pull it back to get the draw.”

Luke Crang Speedway
BULLETS V ROYALS
Tomorrow night the Berwick Bullets take on the Kent Royals in National League action at Shielfield Park, following on from the Bandits match against the Kings.
The Bullets will be aiming for crucial league points as they look to continue their title challenge!

His knee didn't get sore till Saturday night lol

19 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Luke Crang Speedway
August 20th at 8.58pm  · 
MONARCHS DRAW

Luke Crang Speedway
BULLETS V ROYALS

Your not suggesting Edinburgh are pulling a fast one ,they are far too honourable to stoop to these tactics .:rolleyes::D:P

• Haha 2