British Speedway Forum

kent v Newcastle tues 24th aug 6-30 pm

Well Kent got a great draw at Newcastle so you would expect them to win at home,,but speedway is an unpredictable sport at times..I know Ben Morley blew his best engine at   Edinborough,,that may effect his scoring power on tuesday having been on top form last week at home,,, but we have Dan Gilks and Jake Mudford back and they are proving a solid young reserve paring  ,,With Cameron Heeps improving  each week as his shoulder gets stronger and our big guns consistantly dominating i feel confident we will get the desired result  ..Another exciting meeting is on the cards ,,so dont miss it ...!!

Edited by waco

9 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Um, l don't think so, Steve.   Matty (r/r) has been moved to #2 in line-up.

Last I heard was Tom was guesting both tonight (Tuesday) at Kent and tomorrow (Wednesday) at Poole.  I haven't seen that had changed.

Still no preview of the match on the Kent site - is that because Newcastle will arrive largely with a side that could have ridden against Kent two seasons ago in the NDL?! With the visitors fielding pretty much just the one heat leader, me thinks the Kings management will be paying out a shed load after a record win? I'll still be there for my weekly speedway fix, hoping the away team make some gates, but the likely unevenness of the contest does speedway no favours.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hawks 1975 said:

Still no preview of the match on the Kent site - is that because Newcastle will arrive largely with a side that could have ridden against Kent two seasons ago in the NDL?! With the visitors fielding pretty much just the one heat leader, me thinks the Kings management will be paying out a shed load after a record win? I'll still be there for my weekly speedway fix, hoping the away team make some gates, but the likely unevenness of the contest does speedway no favours.  

http://www.kent-speedway.com/news.php?extend.1744.1

23 minutes ago, hawks 1975 said:

60 plus for the Kings tonight?

Farcical scenes at Kent tonight. The track looked rough before the start and clearly the riders were unhappy with it. At one stage i thought the meeting was going to be called off. The final straw was letting the kids go out on a tricky surface, which resulted in a tumble for one of the youngsters. A poor advert for the sport, which would have put off any first timers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, M.D said:

Maybe because he's not in a clubs official declared 1-7..

He's listed in Eastbourne's 1-7.  They haven't folded, officially, yet, as far as I know, so surely he should be allowed to guest?

26 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Farcical scenes at Kent tonight. The track looked rough before the start and clearly the riders were unhappy with it. At one stage i thought the meeting was going to be called off. The final straw was letting the kids go out on a tricky surface, which resulted in a tumble for one of the youngsters. A poor advert for the sport, which would have put off any first timers.

A long hold up as there seemed to be something wrong with the track although, to be fair, from my seat in the grandstand it looked fine to me. When racing finally

started over half an hour late, the track looked very smooth and much slicker than usual, also very dusty which is far from normal. It was not watered all night which

I have never seen before. Maybe Len was not there ?  Something was far from normal.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

A long hold up as there seemed to be something wrong with the track although, to be fair, from my seat in the grandstand it looked fine to me. When racing finally

started over half an hour late, the track looked very smooth and much slicker than usual, also very dusty which is far from normal. It was not watered all night which

I have never seen before. Maybe Len was not there ?  Something was far from normal.

Len was there. He didn't seem too keen on coming down from his perch.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Not just 1st timers. I Ve been going to Kent since it started but won't be going again. Expensive rubbish experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Riders were not happy with the track which caused the start to be delayed half an hour,,So now it was a race against time to beat the ludicrous curfew ,,A few riders tried the normally fast outside line to no effect so the match became follow my leader round the white line,,,,,there was no time to grade and water the track and a huge blue line developed on the inside.....This was the only bad meeting of the season so far ,,ok we won ,,but i go there to see exciting racing and this was not ...where the fault lies i do not know but once again speedway shoots itself in the foot ,,and a few more lost fans the we can do without in these difficult times for the sport we love.........

• Like 6