British Speedway Forum

Poole v Newcastle 25th August 2021

51 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Newcastle showed some fight at Kent last night, despite being depleted and the track being dodgy, to say the least. Hopefully it will be a decent meeting for those fans going.

hope so on paper it does not look like a  meeting savour  

Edited by ray c

Weather is for baking sunshine all day. Hope the track staf keep pumping water into the track. As has been reported, tracks have been dustbowls elsewhere and last weeks track was underwatered before the meeting. Pretty sure the track staff are fully aware and will make sure that’s not repeated tonight.

I think there’s going to be a large crowd tonight. With the weather good and the area swamped in holiday makers, and with the debut of Ben Basso, it should be very busy. 

Hoping that Newcastle put up a good fight tonight. But Poole isn’t Kent, we are far stronger. Just hope the Newcastle riders prefer the Wimborne Road track.

Newcastle have Charles Wright who can go quite well around here, and Ben Barker in the past has had a high score with Coventry a while back so he can score points. Of the others none have ever done anything of note but that doesn’t mean they won’t. Archie Freeman I don’t believe gas ridden at Poole and it will be a very tall ask for him to trouble the scorers. Adam Roynon scored ok at Kent and is experienced enough to make it difficult for Hume and Cook.

But even hoping Newcastle give us a tight meeting is wishful thinking. Let’s hope they have their gating gloves on to at least make the racing thrilling. 

57-33ish.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Newcastle have Charles Wright who can go quite well around here, and Ben Barker in the past has had a high score with Coventry a while back so he can score points. Of the others none have ever done anything of note but that doesn’t mean they won’t. Archie Freeman I don’t believe gas ridden at Poole and it will be a very tall ask for him to trouble the scorers. Adam Roynon scored ok at Kent and is experienced enough to make it difficult for Hume and Cook.

But even hoping Newcastle give us a tight meeting is wishful thinking. Let’s hope they have their gating gloves on to at least make the racing thrilling. 

57-33ish.

Wrong Wright 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

57-33ish.

Oops! :D

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think Newcastle will be Balsy give there all but will be surprised if they score 33 this Poole side should get better.In theory all there heat leaders should be laughing does Nielsen go down to reserve for the away Edinburgh encounter.?

No, neither for the home meeting v Brummies on Sunday. New averages come into effect 1st September which as far as Poole are concerned is their away meeting at Birmingham.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

57-33ish.

James Wright in a heat leader position at 3 is a tougher prospect than when guesting for Poole at 2 or 6!

2 hours ago, soupy said:

No

Dead right. Our friend should grow up.

I hope we put on something of a show, both as a Diamonds supporter and for the sake of the, er, good natured bumper sun-soaked holiday crowd ((c) S Shovlar 2021)

Oh, and for our own Dandelion ;-)

Edited by Terrace Grumbler
Spelling and such like

33 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Dead right. Our friend should grow up.

I hope we put on something of a show, both as a Diamonds supporter and for the sake of the, er, good natured bumper sun-soaked holiday crowd ((c) S Shovlar 2021)

Oh, and for our own Dandelion ;-)

It could happen. Ask Rye House fans who went to Exeter. We only scored 29 at home which was the biggest defeat I have witnessed at home in my 46 years of watching. By the way just for the record I think they will get more than they did at home.