British Speedway Forum

Poole v Newcastle 25th August 2021

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Ummm, you can actually pay by card on the gate but just have to queue outside the glass stand rather than under the main grandstand as everytime i get near the front of the queue i get asked if paying by cash or card!! Card queue is always a lot longer than the cash one though!

Thanks for this Lisa - good to know. Think I’ll make sure I bring cash to reduce the queuing time!

6 hours ago, MMX Events said:

Worth noting that at both ends of the stadium the standing terraces are raised up higher than the track so a good view overlooking all bends.

I agree that best view and atmosphere is undoubtedly the main (outside) grandstand by the start line.

Thanks for this - that’s definitely good to know as my boys do struggle to get a clear view as they’re both so short...

12 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

My post did say from September 1st so any changes in riding order effective for Poole's away meeting at Birmingham.

The only thinking being discussed in the crowd last week was if Worrall goes to number 1 (with Nielsen going to 2 to keep their successful partnership, unless Cook's average gets to higher than Stefan's?)

Looking at the current form averages, Stefan will drop to reserve. Cook has one more home meeting to go but is averaging 5.60

18 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Also if there's a M+SDL meeting on after I would definitely stay for that. Dunno if Weymouth are running this season?

Sadly Weymouth fell foul of the ridiculous 'ghost team' ruling so cannot enter the MSDL. In fact officially i believe its only Birmingham, Wolves and Eastbourne (at the moment) in it.....very sad demise really.

18 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

My post did say from September 1st so any changes in riding order effective for Poole's away meeting at Birmingham.

The only thinking being discussed in the crowd last week was if Worrall goes to number 1 (with Nielsen going to 2 to keep their successful partnership, unless Cook's average gets to higher than Stefan's?)

Nice backtrack skid. This is the thread for Poole v Newcastle so people presumed you were talking about this meeting.B)  Any riding order will be on a different thread ie; Birmingham v Poole when that is introduced. :t::rolleyes:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, lewy said:

Other tracks manage.:rolleyes:

Do they? In hot weather most tracks get a bit dusty. They should be better prepared this week with no rain clouds to put them off. 

5 hours ago, ray c said:

Maybe other tracks got better equipment than we have :t:

Well that's a given. But you can only make use of what you have.

Edited by lisa-colette

18 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Given some of your replies on here, it's odds on that you are the single one.

I can't make the connection between a relationship and the state of a track? Trouble is he is quick to judge other tracks (Poole mainly) but nothing can be said about Plymouth! EVER

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I can't make the connection between a relationship and the state of a track? Trouble is he is quick to judge other tracks (Poole mainly) but nothing can be said about Plymouth! EVER

Possibly the worst track I have ever visited in a fair while. Far too small, far too tight, only overtaking is either fence a rider or hope they make a mistake on the tight bends and fall off.

• Haha 1