British Speedway Forum

Poole v Newcastle 25th August 2021

2 hours ago, J-D said:

The Poole track is abysmal. EmbarrassingĀ state of affairs. Scrape off any bit of dirt before the start and a dust bowl on the warm up laps.Ā 
Ā 

No real racing. The traffic light show behind bend three has been more interesting.Ā 
Ā 

Should be perfect conditions to prepare a decent race track but no, another nail in the coffin for British speedway.Ā 

Tbh though they only scraped the dirt off after a long convo with Stevie and Danny so I'm guessing that was agreed.

But yes it was bad until H8 and then seemed to settle down a bit.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, soupy said:

Well done Archie Freeman forĀ Ā the first championship point for Newcastle.

Was that when he came third with 3 riders in the race. Didn't he fall off, get up, carry on and then when he crossed the line everyone cheered (almost standing ovation level) like he won the race!!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Was that when he came third with 3 riders in the race. Didn't he fall off, get up, carry on and then when he crossed the line everyone cheered (almost standing ovation level) like he won the race!!

from his point of view he did.Ā good on him .your knocking a sixteen year lad trying to make his way in our sportĀ :t:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh dear, taking the pee out of a young kid, shame on you armchair.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Well done archie freemanĀ 

I secondĀ Ā that Archie is helped by one the good guys on the forum !!,and yes itā€™s tough but he will get there.If he keeps at it the rewards will come i hope Archie goes along the same lines of Kyle Bickley perseverance.He is on the pace people forget he did gate in heat 2 against Poole and was very unlucky.

• Like 5

Definitely wasn't being patronising! I was describing the level of applause the crowd gave him. Shame everyone took my post out of context!Ā 

Phil The Ace has a problem with everything I say so hid isn't surprising. If I said it was sunny, he'd have a problem with that too.Ā 

Edit - see that suggray and SS liked the original post so they get how I meant it!Ā 

Edited by lisa-colette

28 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Definitely wasn't being patronising! I was describing the level of applause the crowd gave him. Shame everyone took my post out of context!Ā 

Phil The Ace has a problem with everything I say so hid isn't surprising. If I said it was sunny, he'd have a problem with that too.Ā 

Edit - see that suggray and SS liked the original post so they get how I meant it!Ā 

You can hardly use ginge shoveler as a moral yardstick.