British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Is it time for the other riders to go down on bended knee? "JUSTICE FOR CONNOR"

Was he ever supposed to be riding?

4 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Was he ever supposed to be riding?

Named as reserve before being booted by the BSPL. Perhaps all riders could do the parade without 1 boot on? Its sad and pathetic because they aren't brave enough to stop riders from a league meeting but still trying to throw their weight around and make a point that just doesn't need to be made.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Ivan had 3 world titles in 1970. He doesn't appear in the top 3 of the New Zealand Championship in 1970, 1971, 1972 or 1973 - or indeed in any before that.

I'm sure he would have at least once had ridden. Maybe he was based in another country?

didn't he ride in British finals then?

he was based in Manchester 

Edited by stevehone

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Connor Coles not allowed to be a reserve as he rode on the IOW last week. Farcical from the BSPL

Sorry, being dense here but why does him riding on IoW last week matter?

58 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Ivan had 3 world titles in 1970. He doesn't appear in the top 3 of the New Zealand Championship in 1970, 1971, 1972 or 1973 - or indeed in any before that.

I'm sure he would have at least once had ridden. Maybe he was based in another country?

The point i was making was super tai says he has nothing to prove i think he has everything to prove to his fellow riders and more important us fans? I just hope he dont turn up with the shouty boys to really rub our noses in it  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Because he rode on the IOW last week the BSPL have stopped him from being a meeting reserve for the British Final. 

I think the point being made is what is the reasoning behind this?

At the moment all we have is a half-explanation from one side and mass hysteria is taking hold.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

The point i was making was super tai says he has nothing to prove i think he has everything to prove to his fellow riders and more important us fans? I just hope he dont turn up with the shouty boys to really rub our noses in it  

He hasn't got anything to prove at all.  The best British rider by far during the past 7 or 8 years.  Although Lambo and Bewley (to a certain extent) are slowly catching him up.

Just because he doesn't ride in the UK you have a hissy fit?  The £££'s are in Poland so that's where he's based himself.  It would be great to see him rider over here regularly, but he has decided that's not what he wants to do.  What's the problem with that?  

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies guys. 

So basically because IoW are 'only' doing exhibition type stuff and entertaining with speedway with a few other things thrown in the BSPA threw their toys out of the pram.  As a result because Coles took part in an event promoting speedway and trying to get it to appeal to holidaymakers as a good night out the BSPA are bully boys and saying its their ball and Connors not playing with it as far as the british final goes

Typical

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Lioness said:

Thanks for the replies guys. 

So basically because IoW are 'only' doing exhibition type stuff and entertaining with speedway with a few other things thrown in the BSPA threw their toys out of the pram.  As a result because Coles took part in an event promoting speedway and trying to get it to appeal to holidaymakers as a good night out the BSPA are bully boys and saying its their ball and Connors not playing with it as far as the british final goes

Typical

BSPA made similar threats to anyone in the past riding at Lydd, because they didn't operate as part of the BSPA cartel.  It is wholly petty and very short-sighted.  It's long since overdue that the P was removed from their name.

• Like 1