British Speedway Forum

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

19 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

So do we reckon ourselves and Redcar can get an Eastbourne rider to fill the injury slots, or have their heads been turned by the money bags further north??

not sure the Bears can fit anyone in for Stewart, be surprised if they drop anyone else

14 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Aye enjoy them they should be good meetings but who would you fancy as a guest at home? R/R for the last two away meetings so would you use R/R again for Plymouth and Brum the last two away meetings?

Well that will be down to Rob Grant and after the last two years no one would blame him if he walked... problem is there is no one in the wings waiting to jump into the breach so that would be it if he walks... but what I will say is he has done all the hard work this year and would be mad not to give it one more year and it would be impossible for next year to be anything like the one he has just been through... just need the fans to vote with their feet and get along to Brough and cheer on their team...

You may in the first one but just in case I will be waving from the royal box upstairs on the last one as we have decided rather than standing outside for the last meeting we are going to do the corporate hospitality package upstairs and try out the prawn sarnies...

So keep an eye out from the centre green Ruff and I will raise a glass... to you and the other volunteers who without whose help and support there wouldn't be a meeting...

Cheers Buddy

Regards 

THJ

Do they do fish fingers and chips ?

22 hours ago, mac101 said:

Pretty sure Lewis Kerr fits 

Lewis Kerr and Ryan Kinsley now signed by Redcar.

Edited by Tsunami

Diamonds Co-promoter Rob Grant would like to release the following statement.
"Following the completion of our remaining League fixtures, Newcastle Speedway will announce a date to complete the season with an 'End of Season Spectacular'.
This will be an individual meeting with invites to rider's that have worn the Diamonds colours over the years.
Unfortunately, this meeting will also mark the last match that myself and Dave Tattum will take the helm as Co-promoters.
After a very hard and stressful couple of years, and after sitting down and analysing the amount of time and resources the speedway has taken away from my core businesses, I have regrettably decided I need to conclude my time with the Diamonds in order to give my main businesses the full attention they need to survive.
I would like to wholeheartedly thank everyone connected to the club for their help and support, who without these people my short spell at Newcastle would have been an even harder experience.
As it currently stands, I'm setting the wheels in motion to see what will come of Newcastle Speedway in 2022, but at this moment in time all I can guarantee is the 3 remaining home fixtures.
The Diamonds are very much a big part of the speedway family and are the oldest running club still operating out of its original venue. Unfortunately, our crowd attendances have been well under par this season, but maybe with new management bringing new ideas and most importantly, the time this sport so vitally requires, that is something that can be increased.
The work is now on to try and get Newcastle to the tapes in 2022, but although I am very sad to say, this will be without myself and Dave Tattum.
Tickets are on sale for our last two league meetings against Edinburgh on the 12th September and Birmingham the week after on the 19th, both are 6.30pm starts.
We all sincerely hope you can all get along to see your Diamonds in action in what we hope isn't Newcastle's last hurrah."

I sincerely hope Rob can find someone to take over the promotion. I enjoyed my trips to Brough Park, and even became a Diamond for a night, guesting for them in an inter league meeting in the late 70's. The club has so much history and would be a terible shame to loose another venue. Here's hoping!