British Speedway Forum

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Tonight is the night people if you want to help or make a changeĀ 

Looking forward to seeing as many people as posible

Regards
John

as per our pms please keep us updated hope you get a get good crowd gutted i carnt attend , hope something can be put togetherĀ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diamonds7 said:

as per our pms please keep us updated hope you get a get good crowd gutted i carnt attend , hope something can be put togetherĀ 

a just hope folk realise that this is no 5 furlongs sprint and, is more akin to the Grand National,,, so many obstacles in front of you, but just take one at a time to get through it.

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

a just hope folk realise that this is no 5 furlongs sprint and, is more akin to the Grand National,,, so many obstacles in front of you, but just take one at a time to get through it.

ruffers il give you 10/1 on the quoteĀ :party:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, proud panther said:

Good luck with any help anyone can offer to keep the Diamonds going beyond next season. Newcastle are my second team now, & I will be coming to Brough Park next season to support them at least a couple of times. Let's hope THJ is up for a few drinks.

Some very good points made tonight at the meeting & thanks must go to John Courtney who spoke very well & to Steve Brock for getting it all together .. good evening it wasĀ 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Some very good points made tonight at the meeting & thanks must go to John Courtney who spoke very well & to Steve Brock for getting it all together .. good evening it wasĀ 

Enlighten us who could not attend what the good points raised were.

Thanks

D@H

Just spotted this:

Taken off Facebook:

Important Statement from Rob Grant:

In regards to the fan-lead meeting that took place at South Gosforth Social Club last night, club promoter Rob Grant would like to release the following statement,

"Thank you to everyone who attended the meeting at South Gosforth Club last night.

I am sorry I couldnā€™t attend but I have been told there were a lot of positive suggestions from the meeting.

One suggestion I must address though is that at this present time and in the future as long as I am the owner of Newcastle Diamonds Ltd, we will be racing from Brough Park. I have a very good relationship with the owners and staff of the stadium and see no reason to be looking for, or to build a new stadium.

I hope this clears the situation regarding raising funds to build elsewhere.

As always, I wish to thank everyone for their continued support of Newcastle Speedway and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at our end of season celebration on the 12th November. "

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Just spotted this:

Taken off Facebook:

Important Statement from Rob Grant:

In regards to the fan-lead meeting that took place at South Gosforth Social Club last night, club promoter Rob Grant would like to release the following statement,

"Thank you to everyone who attended the meeting at South Gosforth Club last night.

I am sorry I couldnā€™t attend but I have been told there were a lot of positive suggestions from the meeting.

One suggestion I must address though is that at this present time and in the future as long as I am the owner of Newcastle Diamonds Ltd, we will be racing from Brough Park. I have a very good relationship with the owners and staff of the stadium and see no reason to be looking for, or to build a new stadium.

I hope this clears the situation regarding raising funds to build elsewhere.

As always, I wish to thank everyone for their continued support of Newcastle Speedway and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at our end of season celebration on the 12th November. "

Apart from the press release he made saying he wanted to look for a new place to build the trackĀ :rofl:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Apart from the press release he made saying he wanted to look for a new place to build the trackĀ :rofl:

The stadium is hardly going to give him a lease at favourable rates if he is going to p@ss off, theyĀ will stick it up him as they have the speedway promotion by the bollocks. A 3 year lease should have been signed and then hope in the meantime land is sourced, paid for, planning passed and then built on before the lease is up. Not rocket science....

Edited by Diamondboy
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

The stadium is hardly going to give him a lease at favourable rates if he is going to p@ss off, theyĀ will stick it up him as they have the speedway promotion by the bollocks. A 3 year lease should have been signed and then hope in the meantime land is sourced, paid for, planning passed and then built on before the lease is up. Not rocket science....

It was said that Rob wanted a 3 or 5 year agreement, and was told by the Stadium owners "NO. 1 year or nothing!". Relations appear to have improved as, I believe, a two year deal for next season is on theĀ  table.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, leander said:

It was said that Rob wanted a 3 or 5 year agreement, and was told by the Stadium owners "NO. 1 year or nothing!". Relations appear to have improved as, I believe, a two year deal for next season is on theĀ  table.

My point still stands though, the stadium will not allow you to happily source a new venue, they will cut all ties and leave the promotion without anywhere to race.

• Like 1

Of course a miracle could happen and the stadium owners could say ā€˜look we donā€™t really want you here but if you source a new ground then we will honour you here at current rates till the new venueĀ it is sortedā€™ I did giggle as I typed that.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Of course a miracle could happen and the stadium owners could say ā€˜look we donā€™t really want you here but if you source a new ground then we will honour you here at current rates till the new venueĀ it is sortedā€™ I did giggle as I typed that.

or,,, something much worse could happen.

1 hour ago, Diamondboy said:

My point still stands though, the stadium will not allow you to happily source a new venue, they will cut all ties and leave the promotion without anywhere to race.

Yes but we have always been led to believe that our time is limited at Brough and in the long term we need to look for another site. More rumours about rumours at the moment.Ā 

• Like 2