British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Redcar ko Cup,

3 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

No disrespect to you Historian....but I think the talk of Birmingham's future is a positive and not a rant about speedway? May be the topic is being discussed on the wrong thread?

Just my thoughts.....

I was referring to earlier posts

Wrong thread,

the wheels is up for re-development, so it will disappear. current tennents have been told to leave.

I enjoyed last night, role on Plymouth. A much better performance by the lads.

Drinks of cordial I believe for kids and pints of tap water with ice at the bar are FREE! Fill your boots.. I did. :)

Edited by Deano
  • Like 2

It can often be difficult to accurately assess crowd levels at Perry Barr, especially on a night like last night when it was unbearably hot. On these sort of evenings many spectators who normally don't care for watching the racing from inside, will change their stance and go into the bar which is air conditioned and allows them to watch the meeting without sweltering.

The same situation also occurs on very cold nights when the bar is centrally heated and much more comfortable.

For what it is worth, I thought the attendance was a bit better last night than in the previous two meetings. I'm not saying we do not need more if the speedway is to become viable, but it is at least a good sign, and if the quality of the racing that we saw last night can be maintained, then the signs are positive. I know that the new track curator Dixie Dean, is working hard on the track surface, and it is showing a definite improvement.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Osirian08 said:

Is the Birmingham club website down ?  Keep getting a page cannot be found error

Yes.its still not working at the moment,dunno but a few sites have been down today like the Speedway Star site ?..

Must be the weather , ha ha

Edited by Bluenose

3 hours ago, Historian said:

Do people only come on this forum to have a rant about speedway? Its very sad that all fans can do is moan, always looking for the negative, No mention yet of a great nights racing, pleanty of passing , a great performance by all of the Brummies, no mention of Grobauer being on the pace, ash back to form , a great perfomace by Paco who beat Jake Allen,, Riss with his jaw dopping ride  against the air fence in ht 15., come on peeps lighten up.

I think you'll find I mentioned Grober... you should have quoted me and replied:drink:

1 hour ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for last night please? Nothing on the updates site. Thanks in advance.

1: 61.81

2: 60.71

3: 61.03

4: 60.91

5: 60.53

6: 60.47

7: 60.63

8: 61.41

9: 61.25

10: 59.91

11: 60.69

12: 60.62

13: 60.61

14: 61.59

15: 61.32

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Birmingham Council are a disgrace!

...and have been for years. :angry:

20 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

How bad did Charles Wright’s fall look last night? I see he is missing tonight for Belle Vue.

At this rate we could have 4 guests and R/R on Friday!

Went hard under Harris and ran out of room and went down. More of a heavy slide off tho managed to walk off the track unaided albeit with a bit of a limp. Obviously in some discomfort but generally they carry on regardless nowadays. Might have stiffened up over night and might be airing on the side of caution tonight. 

51 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Went hard under Harris and ran out of room and went down. More of a heavy slide off tho managed to walk off the track unaided albeit with a bit of a limp. Obviously in some discomfort but generally they carry on regardless nowadays. Might have stiffened up over night and might be airing on the side of caution tonight. 

Cheers. 

He’s had a few crashes in the last few weeks so might be an accumulation of those.

Fingers crossed as we are already down 4 riders and can’t afford to lose him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

How bad did Charles Wright’s fall look last night? I see he is missing tonight for Belle Vue.

Got right up behind Harris but went over the outside dirt line and sat down with a thud. Looked winded but you never can tell.

15 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

He got straight up after his fall but soon went down again and stayed down for a while after he realised he'd hurt himself