British Speedway Forum

GP rounds 3 and 4 Wroclaw Fri/Sat 30th/31st July live on BT Sport

24 minutes ago, Bruiser said:

Blimey..I’ve been watching speedway since the 70’s and I’d say GP speedway is currently better than any speedway I’ve seen, and Zmarzlik is just the most amazing talent with the most incredible balance and style.

Great to watch and could truly become one of THE all time greats.

Only concern for that is his riding style...

Very often he seems less than a split second from disaster and finds gaps that others don't see (because he makes them up)...

If he 'calmed down' he may stay much longer at the top, however, maybe conversely, his edge would be gone too, which could prevent him from dominating the sport for the next fair few years like he clearly could. ..

Fantastic entertainment when he is on track, long may he keep showing it...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, chunky said:

We've had missing footrests and missing seats in recent weeks. I'm waiting to see someone ride with missing handlebars...

I remember Peter Collins winning a race at Hyde Road after his handlebars snapped, he won holding the forks with his left hand :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

I think that’s a very good point and this years first ten or twelve heats have generally been a trapping competition and then follow the leader.

I can understand the organisers wanting the winner to get the most points on the night, so just the give winner 25 points and everyone one else gets what they scored in the qualifying heats and semis.

I am still of the opinion that when every ride counted the qualifying heats were more hotly contested.

I was thinking the same thing, although maybe not 25 points as that would be too much in my opinion.

I'd say 20 points for winning the meeting - which couldn't be bettered but could be equalled - and then use individual points for the others.

• Like 2

Fantastic ride from BZ in the final. All in all a pretty decent night.

One thing though, I don't really like Leon Madsen for some reason that I can't put my finger on. Can anyone help? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OGT said:

One thing though, I don't really like Leon Madsen for some reason that I can't put my finger on. Can anyone help? 

I was told that when they checked his DNA it came back as the same as that of Marmite. Does that help.? :rolleyes:

• Haha 4

The points system is an absolute farce and I have no idea why they changed it on what it was before. Why do the powers that be constantly tinker with things that need not be changed?

That said, I agree with all the comments about the racing. The last few years have IMO seen the best racing for a long time, any newcomers watching that would surely "come back for more" to use a Tony Millardism. Its just a shame they keep tinkering with the point system.

Not sure I like the two GPs at one track over a weekend either.

• Like 2