British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn v Ipswich 05/07/21

4 minutes ago, bluebee said:

I supported Coventry and would love them to be bottom of the league!

There are a few of the faithful, me included, still hoping for Brandon to reopen.

And yes, I have supported the Bees through thick and thin. 

• Like 1

Well that was pretty abject from Stars despite the Witches book a Belle Vue second string to guest for a former world champion.

Jorgensen had a moment, Lawson was solid enough, the guesting Panther was the best Star and wasn't in heat 15?  Hope Mountain isn't injured long term.  Wells, Kerr & Heeps wee atrocious.

The post meeting interview with Stars team manager was inspiring.

20 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

Ten home matches in 1986 all lost by Lynn

Two away wins at Swindon and Reading though!

They had the League Cup back then as well, which was done in a league format for the first part of the season. Lynn did a bit better in that with a couple of home wins and a couple of home draws.

Assuming that the ref had the ability to view the Eurosport footage  in heat 1,  what a farcical decision to put all 4 back.

Nicholls touched the tapes first and Worrall followed on. Fortunately , the non exclusion Of Nicholls did not alter the overall result.

5 minutes ago, GAH said:

Use it or lose it don't  whinge when it's gone :nono:

Having only 6 teams in the top division...doesn't really matter if Ipswich were to get 5000 fans, wouldnt make much difference to the grand scheme of things.  If British speedway was a pet it would be put out of its misery soon. 

13 hours ago, mikebv said:

He might be riding for both teams...

Don't even suggest that in jest, because if the powers that be see it...

12 hours ago, mikebv said:

Quite agree.. 

They can't do Team Speedway with any degree of integrity, credibility and kudos, so why not pump all their huge investment into putting up some big individual prize purses, promote the meetings accordingly, and get lads riding each night of similar ability in each race.. 

They are truly 'flogging a dead horse' by, year in year out, putting out a different version of the same old nonsense that they put out the year before..

The annual reduction of fans being a clear rejection of what they put out...

The spectacle of the sport is on a par excitement wise with any other and much more exciting than most...

So they should just sell that...

I suggested that last year for running the British Championship, it's certainly something I'd go to watch. Every British track to stage a round with a final to be held at the end of the season at the NSS

51 minutes ago, GAH said:

Use it or lose it don't  whinge when it's gone :nono:

That's a pathetic mantra often trotted out

That's like saying eat at a restaurant serving sliced dog sh!te or you will regret it when it closes

• Haha 1