British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2022

On 7/3/2021 at 2:52 PM, Daniel Smith said:

Can you elaborate on that? 

Our 3rd best rider so far this season, reliably consistent, captain & local lad. 

Yes he gets injured regularly but that's part & parcel of the sport. 

just because he is local means nothing !  and what is the role of a captain now? absolute nothing just toss a coin lol

he just ain`t good enough imo  

On 7/3/2021 at 1:55 PM, waytogo28 said:

I would ask Riss back as well but no other "tried and tested" Saddlebow Rd riders. I do not think Kerr should be back next season.

What difference does any rider racing at Lynn make to you, you don't go anymore ..... 100% Kerr should be back!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Trees said:

What difference does any rider racing at Lynn make to you, you don't go anymore ..... 100% Kerr should be back!

I still follow the Norwich Stars who evolved into KL Stars and will be back when I deem it to be safely run for the Vulnerable Elderly ( being one of those ). I have supported The Stars since I was six years old. You assume too much and come across as bitter, unless fans buy a season ticket ( wether they go or not! ).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I still follow the Norwich Stars who evolved into KL Stars and will be back when I deem it to be safely run for the Vulnerable Elderly ( being one of those ). I have supported The Stars since I was six years old. You assume too much and come across as bitter, unless fans buy a season ticket ( wether they go or not! ).

Out of interest what do you consider to be 'safely run for the vulnerable elderly' and what needs to be done that isn't at the moment which would encourage you to return? 

13 hours ago, Trees said:

You're worse than some football fans. Just because you don't go doesn't stop you being a fan. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

You're worse than some football fans. Just because you don't go doesn't stop you being a fan. 

She doesn’t like anyone not agreeing with her does she!  Needs to get  her head out of the promotions  bum  lol 

Edited by pubichair
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Trees said:

And there you have it in one you said it YOU DONT GO ANY MORE  now why don’t you ask your self why that is  ?and pass the answer on to the promotion it may just help them to attract ex fans back and even get the next generation interested . 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Haza said:

And there you have it in one you said it YOU DONT GO ANY MORE  now why don’t you ask your self why that is  ?and pass the answer on to the promotion it may just help them to attract ex fans back and even get the next generation interested . 

I don't think there is any hope for you LOL

On 7/3/2021 at 6:28 PM, Speedball said:

Think Kerr signed a 2 year deal at the start of the season.

The thing we desperately need is to find a Number 1 from somewhere.

ANY News on Lewis Bridger and what contract he signed at the start of the season!! Joking apart i for one was pleased to see Lewis back and give it a go again,hes an entertainer,and looking at what riders have put in since he went missing,well cameron Heeps or lewis.HAS ANYONE any infomation on Lewis and what hes going to do? With all that machinery invested,and also a lot of other people making it possible for his comeback,it would be nice to know whats roughly going on with him.

6 minutes ago, speedwaysliders said:

ANY News on Lewis Bridger and what contract he signed at the start of the season!! Joking apart i for one was pleased to see Lewis back and give it a go again,hes an entertainer,and looking at what riders have put in since he went missing,well cameron Heeps or lewis.HAS ANYONE any infomation on Lewis and what hes going to do? With all that machinery invested,and also a lot of other people making it possible for his comeback,it would be nice to know whats roughly going on with him.

It would make very interesting reading to know exactly how much money Lynn wasted on him? The obviously like racesuit the lesser so like signing on fees, sponsorships and funds towards equipment?  The bikes were all up for sale and money likely going into his pocket so unsurprisingly the only one to not lose out is Lewis.  If only Connor Mountain had the luxury of that deal pre season how much more could he be doing now.

3 minutes ago, screm said:

New team manager required.

Sure they will be queuing up for that one. Was a poor appointment anyway and apportioning any blame to Mountain for the defeat was probably the final straw. Wells and Heeps cost the home win simple as that, not anymore coming either until those two pull their finger out. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 9:32 AM, Bagpuss said:

Out of interest what do you consider to be 'safely run for the vulnerable elderly' and what needs to be done that isn't at the moment which would encourage you to return? 

I’m only going by the long shots on TV last night but it seemed to me that the wheelchair viewing area in the home straight stand was rather full!

I know it’s personal choice but to me that is a bit dubious as regards safety. Before anyone says it was camera angle they were straight on shots from the back straight.

This isn’t a pop at KL as they have tried to provide disabled friendly areas but might explain why some are not comfortable going at present.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Sure they will be queuing up for that one. Was a poor appointment anyway and apportioning any blame to Mountain for the defeat was probably the final straw. Wells and Heeps cost the home win simple as that, not anymore coming either until those two pull their finger out. 

I like what I've seen of Connor so far, yes he's struggling for points but he gives 100% and gets stuck in, one or two others last night looked like they were going through the motions.

• Like 2