British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2022

This isn't a derogatory dig starting this thread now. This is simply that some conversations are already looking to next season. 

Even the promotion have finally admitted they got it wrong, that make a change & for the positive imo. 

Currently, depending on Polish rule, Covid etc, has any rider's given themselves a right to be included next season?? 

For me (being hopeful the worlds more normal next year) only 3 can hold their head high & deserve another team spot. If they keep the 'Rising Star' then I'd keep Connor Mountain 

2. Lewis Kerr (c) 

3. Thomas Jorgensen 

5. Richard Lawson 

7. Connor Mountain

To fill those gaps the club need to get their heads together & bring in totally new faces to the club, not fall in to the trap of tried & failed rider's time & again. 

I'd even be asking these 4 to sign already for 2022, be ahead of the curve. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

This isn't a derogatory dig starting this thread now. This is simply that some conversations are already looking to next season. 

Even the promotion have finally admitted they got it wrong, that make a change & for the positive imo. 

Currently, depending on Polish rule, Covid etc, has any rider's given themselves a right to be included next season?? 

For me (being hopeful the worlds more normal next year) only 3 can hold their head high & deserve another team spot. If they keep the 'Rising Star' then I'd keep Connor Mountain 

2. Lewis Kerr (c) 

3. Thomas Jorgensen 

5. Richard Lawson 

7. Connor Mountain

To fill those gaps the club need to get their heads together & bring in totally new faces to the club, not fall in to the trap of tried & failed rider's time & again. 

Haven't we got to have 2 rising stars in the team next season?:unsure:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

The best signing for all at Kings Lynn in 2022 would be Busters signature on the paperwork that sells Peterborough to a new owner but that would mean finding someone with more money than sence at the moment .

I think i would throw a party if that happened :t:

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

2. Lewis Kerr (c) 

3. Thomas Jorgensen 

5. Richard Lawson 

7. Connor Mountain

That’s exactly what said earlier on the Stars v Panthers thread - it has to be now all about March 2022 building towards that - this season is gone in all honesty - let’s see who wants to ride for the club who shows passion for the club and that goes for the team manager we need to see passion from him not just the same old same old . 

5 hours ago, tellboy said:

Haven't we got to have 2 rising stars in the team next season?:unsure:

27 minutes ago, Greg said:

There will be to 2 fast track reserves next year .

There is 3 months left of this season plus a 6 month close season. In that time there will be a number of BSPL meetings and an official agm

Time for at least 3 sets of rules and regs to be devised,manipulated and dropped before implementing plan z for 2022 which almost certainly will mean stage 2 of this seasons 5 year plan being shelved in favour of the latest scheme that favours certain quarters

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

There is 3 months left of this season plus a 6 month close season. In that time there will be a number of BSPL meetings and an official agm

Time for at least 3 sets of rules and regs to be devised,manipulated and dropped before implementing plan z for 2022 which almost certainly will mean stage 2 of this seasons 5 year plan being shelved in favour of the latest scheme that favours certain quarters

Bruv is on top form today…:D

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

2. Lewis Kerr (c) 

3. Thomas Jorgensen 

5. Richard Lawson 

7. Connor Mountain

Good start point, but I'd also have Riss back. He's had a poor start by his standards, but will pick up at some point, when he's on it he is exciting to watch. He's not a number one though so slot him in at 4. Need a decent no.1 to lead the team if we can find one!!

23 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

2. Lewis Kerr (c) 

3. Thomas Jorgensen 

5. Richard Lawson 

7. Connor Mountain

I have a lot of respect for Kerr but he shouldn’t be back next season  for me! 

3 hours ago, pubichair said:

I have a lot of respect for Kerr but he shouldn’t be back next season  for me! 

Can you elaborate on that? 

Our 3rd best rider so far this season, reliably consistent, captain & local lad. 

Yes he gets injured regularly but that's part & parcel of the sport. 

25 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Think Kerr signed a 2 year deal at the start of the season.

The thing we desperately need is to find a Number 1 from somewhere.

I think the landscape will change again next year post Covid lockdowns...

Poland will be more than happy to keep the 'one club plus us' rule and Sweden will be back playing in front of crowds again and paying more than the UK per meeting...

Might not need a "No1" if that is the case...

Lets be honest, only Jack Holder and Dan Bewley would be classed as anything like a "No1" rider level this year anyway, and both may at the end of this year see taking the Woffinden and Lambert route of just testing themselves against the best (rather than dropping back levels each week) as best for their development and ambition...

Maybe get Batch back?:D

I think things on the Polish front may be different next year.

Whilst the top riders earning big money might be happy to race in Poland & one other league there are a lot of squad members that do not get to ride each week & I think the Poles plan might just backfire when those riders decide it might be better to race more often for less promised money than to not race & not get paid at all.

Already Adam Ellis is racing in both British Leagues & I think when some of the other European riders understand that being able to race in British, Danish, Swedish, German & Czech leagues & any other events could accelerate their progress.