British Speedway Forum

EASTBOURNE V EDINBURGH June 12th

Another  blow with Lewy Kerr, Tom Brennan & Drew Kemp all out of this one.  Now it is a real Banana Skin 

Am I right that a guest gets an additional 5%  when replacing a home rider?

If so then Steve Worrell looks the perfect guest for Kerr,  if not then Paul Starke looks the only alternative after yesterdays meeting as there are so many Championship matches that day.

Brennan is virtually irreplaceable at the moment so probably have to go r/r. Having seen Jake Knight with a No 8 on his back in the parade yesterday and then doing some laps I would imagine he is going to replace Kemp.  If he is elligable why did they not use him at Scunthorpe it would have meant the difference between winning and losing I have no doubt.?.  

Edited by Hunters
wrong date

3 hours ago, Hunters said:

Another  blow with Lewy Kerr, Tom Brennan & Drew Kemp all out of this one.  Now it is a real Banana Skin 

Am I right that a guest gets an additional 5%  when replacing a home rider?

If so then Steve Worrell looks the perfect guest for Kerr,  if not then Paul Starke looks the only alternative after yesterdays meeting as there are so many Championship matches that day.

Brennan is virtually irreplaceable at the moment so probably have to go r/r. Having seen Jake Knight with a No 8 on his back in the parade yesterday and then doing some laps I would imagine he is going to replace Kemp.  If he is elligable why did they not use him at Scunthorpe it would have meant the difference between winning and losing I have no doubt.?.  

Starke would be inegible under 7 day rule. 

Knight said in speedway star a while he was going to do NDL only as got a really good job and not interested in Championship unless an incredibly good offer came along. 

Would imagine a Guest booking on a Saturday at home track would be perfect for him. 

Be very surprised if he wasn't asked for Scunthorpe by Eagles management

Jake probably couldn't justify the return on a trip to Scunthorpe, especially if he was part way through a building job, but Saturday/Sunday at his home track is a no brainer for him.

As has been said assume it'll be a guest for Lewi, and r/r for Tom, if we are to win, will certainly need an all round team effort ( Kennett to up his game) and a good/reliable guest.

Edited by gazzac

1 hour ago, screm said:

Lewis Kerr aiming to be back for the GP Qualifier at Glasgow on June 19th.

Assume it's up to date, but on Lewis Kerr Racing along side his x ray says he won't be fit for that meeting?

Edited by gazzac

2 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

Brennan and Kemp now available for this meeting with travel restrictions preventing them from getting to the World U21 qualifier.

Feel sad for Tom and Drew their development over the last two years has really been hampered by things beyond their control yet still they have come on hand over fist.

Fortunate however for the Eagles as there really did not seem any way they could be compensated for with the loss of Lewi as well. 

Would still like to see Steve Worrell as a guest but suspect now that they will go r/r  giving Lawson and Brennan an extra ride along with Newman and Kemp. They could then move Brennan to No 4 and Kerr r/r  No2.

The Monarchs have a great top 3 particularly as Pickering seems to love Arlington but it could be a very difficult night for their bottom 4  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

Brennan and Kemp now available for this meeting with travel restrictions preventing them from getting to the World U21 qualifier.

That’s brilliant news for Eastbourne - made my day - off to Kent v Glasgow shortly and expecting good racing - hopefully Uncle Len will be putting down  more shale than in the past - no more blue grooves please :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Hunters said:

Feel sad for Tom and Drew their development over the last two years has really been hampered by things beyond their control yet still they have come on hand over fist.

Fortunate however for the Eagles as there really did not seem any way they could be compensated for with the loss of Lewi as well. 

Would still like to see Steve Worrell as a guest but suspect now that they will go r/r  giving Lawson and Brennan an extra ride along with Newman and Kemp. They could then move Brennan to No 4 and Kerr r/r  No2.

The Monarchs have a great top 3 particularly as Pickering seems to love Arlington but it could be a very difficult night for their bottom 4  

I'd be very surprised if the r/r situation and riding order you've suggested isn't the way they will go with Jake Knight at No 8 incase of any further mishaps as a back up. 

13 hours ago, Technik said:

I'd use R/R at 4. You have more options later in the meeting than 2 who is finished at Ht 10 at home & if the name an 8 I think Nathan Ablitt will get a shot

My reasoning is keep  Brennan out of heat  8 where he could be wasted and have that as Newman's r/r, He can handle that OK. It also makes Brennan the third heat leader which he certainly is and gives us a final push if we need it in heat 14.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Surely not if they change riding order with Kerr at 2.  The r/r is for rider not team positioin.

Or am I missing something?

Why would anyone change riding order 

Brennans been riding at 2 so he gets heat 8 

Kerrs been riding 4 so he gets heat 14.

Lot of teams doing this

Brennan can have RR in 14 and spread his rides. Could d also have 15 like Kerr does. 

If you put RR at 2 who go out in heat 1? It wouldn't be as strong as Brennan. 

I know over the years the R/R facility has been deployed at #2 for the most times. I have never been a fan of this as it is my belief that it cuts down the teams tactical options where a TS can only be used once but it can mean a rider can be used as the R/R & also as a TS if required for the facility. Kennett is the only one who can't take an R/R but if needed he could take a TS in place of Kerr (R/R). So using the facility at #3 or #4 offers better options later in the meeting than #2 who is packing up at the interval. 

On 6/9/2021 at 6:11 PM, HGould said:

Why would anyone change riding order 

Brennans been riding at 2 so he gets heat 8 

Kerrs been riding 4 so he gets heat 14.

Lot of teams doing this

Brennan can have RR in 14 and spread his rides. Could d also have 15 like Kerr does. 

If you put RR at 2 who go out in heat 1? It wouldn't be as strong as Brennan. 

Well another reason I would have changed order is that 3 and 4 are partners for three races which means the only time Newman can get his r/r in is heat 14 and I really don't fancy Newman and Edwards against Josh Pickering. As regards Heat 1 I would use Newman there.  It is up to Kennett as No 1 to do his job and Newman should handle Greaves. You have not got to win the match in heat one and it gets rid of one of your weaker r/r's whilst the opposition are working out the track.

Fun to be a team manger don't you think?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunters said:

Well another reason I would have changed order is that 3 and 4 are partners for three races which means the only time Newman can get his r/r in is heat 14 and I really don't fancy Newman and Edwards against Josh Pickering. As regards Heat 1 I would use Newman there.  It is up to Kennett as No 1 to do his job and Newman should handle Greaves. You have not got to win the match in heat one and it gets rid of one of your weaker r/r's whilst the opposition are working out the track.

Fun to be a team manger don't you think?

Most home Teams give one of their reserves Heat1 if R/R is at 2  ,gives him the advantage to feel out the track before Ht 2.

Edited by Fromafar