British Speedway Forum

Witches v Stars 3rd June

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Good to read zippo got a good crowd for this ........2000 capacity was announced........how many disappointed fans were unable to gain admission ? Or did exactly 2000 turn up ????

And how much could streaming the meeting have generated for those unable to get in or those KL fans unable to make the trip, and neutrals around the world?
Another opportunity goes begging.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And how much could streaming the meeting have generated for those unable to get in or those KL fans unable to make the trip, and neutrals around the world?

After that "performance" from the Witches.... many there wouldn't even be prepared to pay to watch online for a reduced figure rather than go next week! 

(but i get the point) maybe it will be on the comedy channel :blink:

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

From a Kings Lynn pov i would have happily paid a tenner to stream it. 

16 hours ago, cuckootoyou said:

I bet there isn't 2000 attending next week. Fantastic performance buy our guest, and when will King and Heeps watch were other people are riding. I was keen this season with Crump.& Klindt. Still okay with Allen and Crump. Not very keen when we lost Crump. Had it after over 50 years of supporting with Guest and RR probably lasting for week's. Pennies going else were from now on.

2000 attending? What is the limit under current guidelines? I doubt it’s anywhere near that. 

3 hours ago, TheSpecialOne said:

What was strange about it? genuine question, i'd already left

They got my applause as well. The Kings Lynn team walked around the stadium on the stock car track. Can't remember seeing it at Foxhall before. The phantom stone thrower would have had easy target's. 

You could tell there was no outside line working well,,, cos some of the Witches riders couldn't keep off it.   Makes me wonder if they have any brain cells when they keep getting passed on the inside. That's 2 weeks on the trott the away team have done nearly all of the passing. 

1 hour ago, chun said:

Anyone know why they didn’t water the track at all during the meeting last night?  Was that the case for other home meetings?

Because it had been prepared properly and been soaked Wednesday and during the day on Thursday.  There was no dust whatsoever and on a day like Thursday that’s down to the expertise of Bob Ellis and the track staff.  
unlike Birmingham the previous day. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Siggytastic said:

They got my applause as well. The Kings Lynn team walked around the stadium on the stock car track. Can't remember seeing it at Foxhall before. The phantom stone thrower would have had easy target's. 

Not allowed to use the truck atm covid related 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Because it had been prepared properly and been soaked Wednesday and during the day on Thursday.  There was no dust whatsoever and on a day like Thursday that’s down to the expertise of Bob Ellis and the track staff.  
unlike Birmingham the previous day. 

But if the outside had a few sprinkles of water during the evening,,, wouldn't it have made an outside line to pass on,,, as well as inside, so in theory better racing. 

16 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

But if the outside had a few sprinkles of water during the evening,,, wouldn't it have made an outside line to pass on,,, as well as inside, so in theory better racing. 

exactly.  the likes of king and heeps can only ride one way and it’s not round the inside...