British Speedway Forum

28.05.2021 - KOC - Scunthorpe v Leicester

58 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

PLEASE note there are roadworks on Normanby Road, right outside the Eddie Wright Raceway, so please leave extra travelling time for Attis Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions v Leicester Lions tomorrow (Friday, 7.30pm). Thank you!

Any information about how disruptive they are, and how long they may be there?  Not a Scunthorpe local, so do not know what to expect. I can get there early, more concerned about delay in getting back.

Thanks

Edited by ShyTalk

On Sunday, I hung around a bit in the stadium to let the stampede out, about 10 minutes, then ventured to my car & left the car park. There were only 2 or 3 cars at the traffic lights & they changed to green straight away.

If you are coming to Scunthorpe via the M181, on using the orbital road then up the hill & if you have google maps or tomtom, turn left at the circle up the hill & go round the industrial site(fairly easy). As you approach the circle on Normanby Road, some people park their cars there & take the short walk(approx. 150m) to the stadium.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

On Sunday, I hung around a bit in the stadium to let the stampede out, about 10 minutes, then ventured to my car & left the car park. There were only 2 or 3 cars at the traffic lights & they changed to green straight away.

If you are coming to Scunthorpe via the M181, on using the orbital road then up the hill & if you have google maps or tomtom, turn left at the circle up the hill & go round the industrial site(fairly easy). As you approach the circle on Normanby Road, some people park their cars there & take the short walk(approx. 150m) to the stadium.

Thanks. 

24 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Is there room for a coach to park am passing empty later thought might pop in?

Probably best to park on the industrial site where some cars park on the road side but open spaces as well. ( turn left at circle not right towards stadium & car park).

Having followed the updates it was a very solid Lions performance tonight and puts Scunthorpe's win over Plymouth in to perspective. Although Auty's duck was a major factor, it seems unlikely that he would have prevented a home defeat.

Early days but I'm confident that our reserves will hold their own away and easily outscore their opposite numbers at home. Bates appeared to have issues with his bike tonight but at least didn't come off and injure himself or opponents.

Scunny fans may not think that the return leg is worth travelling to but it's a night out in the fresh air and Leicester people will make them very welcome. Its only speedway for goodness sake whatever the outcome!

the outcome!

10 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Early days but I'm confident that our reserves will hold their own away and easily outscore their opposite numbers at home.

Most impressed with the reserves, first time I've seen them race properly watched them since their first laps as Coventry mascots... I only wish I could distinguish who was who, I'm sure that will come in time lol

I don't like to be critical (I love it) but I've got to comment on the atmosphere at the track last night and it was dead, I know the home team were taking a pumping but when all you can hear is a rusty swing from the other side of the stadium you have to ask yourself, if this is the best the head of British Speedway can do, there's not much hope. Sonically it sounded like a deserted gas station in the middle of the American desert lol

From memory, there was only Kyle Howarth who came round to acknowledge the crowd, no interviews with riders, music constantly chopping and changing, results of a race not being given until after the next race when there was a close finish.

I know times are tough and I'm sure there are reasons (for the music) but surely you've got to get the basics right that don't cost anything.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, iainb said:

I don't like to be critical (I love it) but I've got to comment on the atmosphere at the track last night and it was dead, I know the home team were taking a pumping but when all you can hear is a rusty swing from the other side of the stadium you have to ask yourself, if this is the best the head of British Speedway can do, there's not much hope. Sonically it sounded like a deserted gas station in the middle of the American desert lol

From memory, there was only Kyle Howarth who came round to acknowledge the crowd, no interviews with riders, music constantly chopping and changing, results of a race not being given until after the next race when there was a close finish.

I know times are tough and I'm sure there are reasons (for the music) but surely you've got to get the basics right that don't cost anything.

I agree!

Message to Mr Godfrey.  What an abysmal sound system you have especially the speaker facing the stand just after the start.  It has been poor for at least 3 seasons and the people in the stand have to shout across to the other side to ask results and times.

There is absolutely no point announcing riders, times etc  when they are at the starting gate because the engines totally drown out what you are saying. 

What is the point of having a scoreboard if it is not used?  The old faithful in this stand are getting very frustrated with the whole Announcing/ PA System, please change the speaker, update it , and get the scoreboard up and running.

Rant over, Thank You.

7 hours ago, iainb said:

Somehow speedway presentation needs brought kicking and screaming from the 80`s up to the present day.