British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe v Plymouth - Championship - 21.5.21

9 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

For me Goret looked like he had some pace however the others were really quite bad Theo Pijper and Kyle Howarth were nearly a straight clear after one lap in one of the heatsĀ 

Kyle and Theo though have had numerous laps,know the racing lines,set up etc,wasn't it their first ever visit to the ewr?

Iā€™ve said for a few seasons now that the track is nothing like it used to be...yes itā€™s very smooth and easy to ride but as for going into the dirt line for overtaking and getting past opponents it never hardly happens as shown today because the amount of effort that the riders put in to overtake thereā€™s no grip whatsoever and itā€™s so frustrating for us spectators Ā never mind the riders.Ā 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

Iā€™ve said for a few seasons now that the track is nothing like it used to be...yes itā€™s very smooth and easy to ride but as for going into the dirt line for overtaking and getting past opponents it never hardly happens as shown today because the amount of effort that the riders put in to overtake thereā€™s no grip whatsoever and itā€™s so frustrating for us spectators Ā never mind the riders.Ā 

I thought that, how many times have you seen someone going from last to first or second by blasting round the boards. Always gets the crowd going as well.

Good all round team performance tonight.. was awesome to have an atmosphere there too!Ā 

Pick for rider of the night - Jordie Palin, if he can carry on riding like that, he'll be a star for the Scorpions, also very impressed with Josh MacDonald!

Yes I agree first few heats was similar nature but after that it seemed like hard graft to overtake anyone very disappointing..but still it was an ok meeting with some close racing but to many strung out heats which is not normal viewing at the EWR

10 minutes ago, brylcream boy said:

I thought that, how many times have you seen someone going from last to first or second by blastingļ»æ round the boards. Always gets the crowd going as well.

Ā 

19 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

Yes I agree first few heats was similar nature but after that it seemed like hard graft to overtake anyone very disappointing..but still it was an ok meeting with some close racing but to many strung out heats which is not normal viewing at the EWR

Ā 

Think that was more to do with the majority of the opposition being really poor than the trackĀ 

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Have the rules changed on guest riders 7 days before as Iā€™m sure Kyle Howarth will be back with Leicester this week ?

They changed a couple of seasons ago. You are not allowed to GUEST at the same track within seven days. That rule doesn't apply if one of the teams is your own club, so Howarth is fine riding for Leicester.

11 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Dont tell Lewy that, he will be crying for months on end

I won't be crying every meeting in the championship is a win for me,but agree it will be a tough year but the team will improve i,m sure,scunthorpe will be hammer alot of team at erw,not half the racetrack it used to be a bit gate and go.

2 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

Spot on even in amateurs meetings it doesn't take long for the motorway groove to appear & them lads & lasses arnt going at the pace of the likes of auty & howarth etc . Mr G could easily have the best track in the UK if he put decent material on it

10 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Spot on even in amateurs meetings it doesn't take long for the motorway groove to appear & them lads & lasses arnt going at the pace of the likes of auty & howarth etc . Mr G could easily have the best track in the UK if he put decent material on it

It used to be the best track when it had plenty of dirt on it..certain riders a few years ago requested it to be slick and smooth and it hasnā€™t changed sinceĀ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

It used to be the best track when it had plenty of dirt on it..certain riders a few years ago requested it to be slick and smooth and it hasnā€™t changed sinceĀ 

I would still say the track created some great racing far better than a lot these days! I think your being a little over critical just because Plymouth didnā€™t have the depth to compete with Scorpions in all heats today !Ā