British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue v Sheffield, Monday May 17th 7:30pm

He probably had a downside agreement? nothing new in this sport, remember Peter Karlsson got axed by Lakeside for "costing them too much money" despite his form being poor and not scoring much at the time?

I am pretty sure if a heat leader racing at the highest level scored 0-R-F-0 they will not be going home with just travelling expenses.

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Wont make too much difference to them I would think as virtually guaranteed to be play off contenders.. 

Might be saving them a few quid too if Batchelor doesnt score too heavily in the first month given he will be one of the top earners.. 

Having their 'perfect septet' for play off time will be their aim..

Holder at 1 and the rest can get moved around as and when..

The sooner he is packed off back down under for good the better if this is  what he's doing, no consideration for the paying public regardless of whether or not the club are content for him to do it.  I've never liked his attitude to speedway anyway, too many times he's moaned about track conditions when others have just gone out and raced, good riddance to him when he's gone.  I'd much rather watch the likes of Tom Brennan giving it their all than some lazy Aussie who doesn't give a toss.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Wonder which second division team he’s already agreed to join? 

He said that a team was willing to take him on his 13 point average, so probably a team thats under the limit

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Wonder which second division team he’s already agreed to join? 

Won't be a 'P' team, both are already top heavy!

Edit - Scunthorpe, Newcastle and poss Kent is quite low. If he is already up north with travelling to Sheffield then Newcastle or Scunthorpe would make sense.

Edited by lisa-colette

2 hours ago, nw42 said:

The sooner he is packed off back down under for good the better if this is  what he's doing, no consideration for the paying public regardless of whether or not the club are content for him to do it.  I've never liked his attitude to speedway anyway, too many times he's moaned about track conditions when others have just gone out and raced, good riddance to him when he's gone.  I'd much rather watch the likes of Tom Brennan giving it their all than some lazy Aussie who doesn't give a toss.

Take it Troy isnt on your Xmas card list then?:D

On 5/19/2021 at 4:05 PM, lisa-colette said:

Won't be a 'P' team, both are already top heavy!

Edit - Scunthorpe, Newcastle and poss Kent is quite low. If he is already up north with travelling to Sheffield then Newcastle or Scunthorpe would make sense.

Newcastle pay rates ,no chance.