British Speedway Forum

Eurosport

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/speedway/

Might be useful if Eurosport could make the effort to update this page. Going back to their press release when this deal was announced it said "The latest stories and news will be covered in-depth"

Since then (October 2019) there has been 1 article which announces the agreement to show the GPs and SoN from 2022. The fixtures page doesn't even have a section for British speedway and I'm not quite sure what the making of Jesse Lingard has to do with the sport? 

But at least on the schedule they've now updated Monday's fixture to 'Round 1' rather than saying it was from 'Blue Vale' as it suggested a couple of days ago. 

On a more positive note, the presenting/commentary line-up looks good and it's great that the sport will be shown on free-to-air TV. Hopefully we'll have an entertaining season!

1 hour ago, The Cheese said:

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/speedway/

Might be useful if Eurosport could make the effort to update this page. Going back to their press release when this deal was announced it said "The latest stories and news will be covered in-depth"

Since then (October 2019) there has been 1 article which announces the agreement to show the GPs and SoN from 2022. The fixtures page doesn't even have a section for British speedway and I'm not quite sure what the making of Jesse Lingard has to do with the sport? 

But at least on the schedule they've now updated Monday's fixture to 'Round 1' rather than saying it was from 'Blue Vale' as it suggested a couple of days ago. 

On a more positive note, the presenting/commentary line-up looks good and it's great that the sport will be shown on free-to-air TV. Hopefully we'll have an entertaining season!

very poor by eurosport . simple to update surely

On 5/13/2021 at 8:30 AM, semion said:

What happened to Sophie Blake.   She was always good in the pits.

Sophie is recovering from cancer treatment at the moment. 

59 minutes ago, Rob B said:

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/_mobile/news.php?extend.38798&fbclid=IwAR3xMpQCVXq5zTe-KKxNfvjBdtTktEcM40h_MBClDLjlamKb0DhbH4LH2a4

with this news can go on Fanseat website and see the upcoming schedule.

Looks like it’s Wolves v Belle Vue a week on Monday 24 May.

Acting (being) dim but how would someone within the UK view this? Sign up and then use a non UK based IP to view the streams? I fear that some will jump on this and sign up before realising they cannot view in the UK 

10 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Acting (being) dim but how would someone within the UK view this? Sign up and then use a non UK based IP to view the streams? I fear that some will jump on this and sign up before realising they cannot view in the UK 

Yeah you’d have to use a VPN but can’t see why would want to do that. If want to watch online in this country then can pay £6.99 per month for Eurosport player. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Every chance Peterborough will get to be seen live on 31st then as there against BV

The Fanseat schedule shows Peterborough - King's Lynn on June 7th. 

I'm guessing there won't be a meeting on Eurosport on the 31st May because of the French Open tennis

On 5/15/2021 at 9:00 AM, Trees said:

Looking forward to this coverage

I was too until I saw that the shouty twins have once again jumped ship from yet another broadcaster and will continue to ruin the coverage with their inaccuracies, monkey noises and mistakes:( 

Edited by ytsejam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

I was too until I saw that the shouty twins have once again jumped ship from yet another broadcaster and will continue to ruin the coverage with their inaccuracies, monkey noises and mistakes:( 

From my understanding that isn't exactly true. Unless it has changed - and from what I was told by a BT guy I was talking to at Belle Vue a couple of years ago - that whilst Natalie was a contracted BT employee, both Kelvin and Nigel have been employed on a freelance basis by both Sky and BT Sports. Don't disagree with some of your other comments though.

Eurosport coverage looks really good a good little feature for people not familiar with speedway explaining the rules, bikes, clothing.

Also regular live updates from the other matches.

Bodes well for the rest of the season

• Like 1