British Speedway Forum

Eurosport

15 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Not sure if things have changed, but Eurosport did not used to be part of the sports package. Was it part of the entertainment package?

You are correct it was not. However when I negotiated a new deal a few months ago it came as part of the Sports package. Was also going to drop my direct deal with BT sports (which I did). Then Sky offered me BT Sport via themselves for half price so stayed with BT via Sky. Gets me extra Football and I believe they are still doing the Speedway GP's this year. The only one I do not subscribe to is Premier Sport for Polish Speedway as they do not seem to be doing as much as they promised (plus last week they put the Polish Speedway on their Free Sport Channel). Believe they are due to start Swedish Speedway next week so we will have  to see what happens there.

Edited by slyfox

15 hours ago, slyfox said:

You are correct it was not. However when I negotiated a new deal a few months ago it came as part of the Sports package. Was also going to drop my direct deal with BT sports (which I did). Then Sky offered me BT Sport via themselves for half price so stayed with BT via Sky. Gets me extra Football and I believe they are still doing the Speedway GP's this year. The only one I do not subscribe to is Premier Sport for Polish Speedway as they do not seem to be doing as much as they promised (plus last week they put the Polish Speedway on their Free Sport Channel). Believe they are due to start Swedish Speedway next week so we will have  to see what happens there.

I think the start of the Swedish League has been deferred to June!

2 hours ago, Tim G said:

BT Sport is now up for sale with rumours that DAZN, Disney and Amazon looking at buying it. So all content could be moved to a new platform.

If Disney buy it we can probably look forward to them showing Ice Speedway as long as they can persuade Scott Nicholls to dress up as Princess Elsa to present it

2 hours ago, Tim G said:

BT Sport is now up for sale with rumours that DAZN, Disney and Amazon looking at buying it. So all content could be moved to a new platform.

That worries me a bit. BTSport is not too expensive, I also with BT for superfast fibre, obviously I would think that stays with BT, but what will the new charge be and for what service. Will all come out in the wash, when "they" ready to let us know.

9 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

That worries me a bit. BTSport is not too expensive, I also with BT for superfast fibre, obviously I would think that stays with BT, but what will the new charge be and for what service. Will all come out in the wash, when "they" ready to let us know.

Amazon Prime is only about £70 for the year so not too expensive.

I have DAZN and it is only £2 a month at the moment but that might increase as it seems they are taking the Matchroom boxing from Sky Sports apart from Joshua in June.

ITV are also said to be interested in buying part of BT sports.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim G said:

Amazon Prime is only about £70 for the year so not too expensive.

I have DAZN and it is only £2 a month at the moment but that might increase as it seems they are taking the Matchroom boxing from Sky Sports apart from Joshua in June.

2 hours ago, Tim G said:

ITV are also said to be interested in buying part of BT sports.

Ant and Dec presenting the football then

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2021 at 4:06 PM, Speedway fan said:

Virgin package gives BT Sport, Eurosport, Sky Sports and FreeSports . 

Polish meeting Grudziadz v Gorzow on "Freesports" tonight at 6.15pm. For those who want some free speedway and do not pay for Premier Sport. The other meeting today is on Premier 2 at 3.30pm. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Polish meeting Grudziadz v Gorzow on "Freesports" tonight at 6.15pm. For those who want some free speedway and do not pay for Premier Sport. The other meeting today is on Premier 2 at 3.30pm. 

I thought all this weekends extraliga meetings were cancelled due to weather forecast?!  If Premier/Freesports are still showing meetings on todays TV schedule then I guess they are re-runs of last week?

49 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I thought all this weekends extraliga meetings were cancelled due to weather forecast?!  If Premier/Freesports are still showing meetings on todays TV schedule then I guess they are re-runs of last week?

Yes. That meeting is one that they showed live last weekend.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

When are we going to gate  a formal announcement re 2021 from Eurosport????

Belle Vue's opening match against Sheffield on Eurosport. I notice a Sheffield match moved from a Thursday to a Monday. I would assume this is for the benefit of Eurosport, so they probably know which matches they are covering. No idea when they will be making a  formal announcement, or why the delay.

2 hours ago, ShyTalk said:

Belle Vue's opening match against Sheffield on Eurosport. I notice a Sheffield match moved from a Thursday to a Monday. I would assume this is for the benefit of Eurosport, so they probably know which matches they are covering. No idea when they will be making a  formal announcement, or why the delay.

Like everyone else - waiting for the final confirmation that speedway can/will start.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1