British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

An explanation would be nice seeing as it was announced officially that all clubs would be putting tickets on sale this morning at 9am. May well be an understandable reason but it would make the governing body / clubs look a lot better if they told us why.

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

An explanation would be nice seeing as it was announced officially that all clubs would be putting tickets on sale this morning at 9am. May well be an understandable reason but it would make the governing body / clubs look a lot better if they told us why.

I was told the original date was a misprint

5 hours ago, Speedball said:

It’s these sort of things that do the sport no good. Tell the public that tickets go on sale at 9am Tuesday then 10am Tuesday announce they’ll be on sale tomorrow.

Spot on, it’s that air of unprofessionalism and lack of customer care. And the annoying thing is that its so preventable.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Spot on, it’s that air of unprofessionalism and lack of customer care. And the annoying thing is that its so preventable.

Some people moan at me for being negative on here but sadly what’s happened today with tickets sales and total lack of professionalism from the club sums up British speedway in a nutshell. 
Fans taken for granted yet again . 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 2

Just seen the prices for this season & I'm absolutely stunned. 

There is clear profiteering from the few remaining gullible fans there is left. 

£20 admission 

£2 grandstand 

£3 programme 

This sport is an absolute disaster & disgrace.

When will the owners of this sport ever learn :rolleyes:

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Haza said:

Some people moan at me for being negative on here but sadly what’s happened today with tickets sales and total lack of professionalism from the club sums up British speedway in a nutshell. 
Fans taken for granted yet again . 

Have to say that I fully agree having read the last two or three pages of this thread. You really couldn't make a better job of creating a shambles if you set out to do so. Is he going to ride or is he not going to ride? Are the tickets on sale or are they not on sale? Was it a misprint or not? And so it goes on! Is there no regard at all for the supporters (aka customers), the people who pay their money? 

Edited by Starboy118
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Starboy118 said:

Have to say that I fully agree having read the last two or three pages of this thread. You really couldn't make a better job of creating a shambles if you set out to do so. Is he going to ride or is he not going to ride? Are the tickets on sale or are they not on sale? Was it a misprint or not? And so it goes on! Is there no regard at all for the supporters (aka customers), the people who pay their money? 

To be fair the confusion created by the EDP was not the clubs fault as the situation was quite clear in the Lynn news but the ticket situation is really poor, and not just an issue with King’s Lynn which makes it even worse. 

Edited by Bagpuss

10 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

£20 admission 

£2 grandstand 

£3 programme 

Personally I think it’s a £15 sport considering the downgrading that’s gone on over the previous seasons and a 6 team league this season but that’s just my views 

32 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

£20 admission 

£2 grandstand 

£3 programme 

not sure how £20 admission means the sport is a disgrace!. If you run any sort of business like I do you would know that costs are going through the roof. An example of my business  is that imported furniture trade prices have gone up 30% since January. why would speedway costs not have gone up along with everything else and unlike my business speedway teams have had very little government help. Just wait until early next year when inflation will be running at very high levels..

I for one can not wait for the season to start again but if you don't want to pay £20 quid, simple don't go. 

fed up with all the negatives  on here. 

Looking forward to my annual trip to King's Lynn on Monday. Hopefully a good crowd to watch the witches take the 1st win of the season

Edited by stu219
extra said
  • Like 4