British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

17 hours ago, mikebv said:

You have to think that it works for both Promoters and Riders..

No flights or hotels to pay for..

No having to plan fixtures around other non UK leagues, even for rescheduled meetings..

And loads of potential earnings for the riders, who could in theory ride seven times a week over here..

All the heat leaders who DU must have done well for themselves this year, especially riding against so many RS's every meeting (both team mates and opponents)..

Cant see either Promoters or Riders wanting too much change..

If DU continues then it must be used as a cost saving and not, as Eastbourne found out, a blank cheque for riders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Correct paying RETAINERS. at this level is financial madness and i can’t prove it but I believe that my team had two riders on. It, no guessing who, ridiculous we are not Poland we are the middle tier of British speedway.

I think Plymouth can be excused if they paid retainers to any rider, given that they weren't accepted into the Championship til the last minute and had to put together a relatively competitive 1-7.  The Promotion seem very pleased with how things have gone (presumably including finance) so as long as it worked for them...............

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I think Plymouth can be excused if they paid retainers to any rider, given that they weren't accepted into the Championship til the last minute and had to put together a relatively competitive 1-7.  The Promotion seem very pleased with how things have gone (presumably including finance) so as long as it worked for them...............

I think next season Plymouth will be stronger and alot less expensive, onwards and upwards :t:

• Like 3

On 9/10/2021 at 6:52 PM, lewy said:

I think next season Plymouth will be stronger and alot less expensive, onwards and upwards :t:

I know quite a few people who purchased season tickets purely because Jason Crump was signed. It was not the season Jason or those season ticket holders had wished for but were are we with those season ticket purchases next year? 

13 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I know quite a few people who purchased season tickets purely because Jason Crump was signed. It was not the season Jason or those season ticket holders had wished for but were are we with those season ticket purchases next year? 

Yes crump was  disappointing,however bjarne was better than I expected i will be buying a season ticket again as will everyone i know is doing the same. It was no fault of the promotion crump was poor that's speedway I guess. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think you can blame Crump's season purely on that crash at Wolves.

100% agree. What I am trying to get across is in my 55 years of following speedway I had never purchased a season ticket, Crump's inclusion in the Plymouth team was the only reason I purchased that ticket. I have thoroughly enjoyed my speedway @ Plymouth in 2021 - but would not have the same desire do buy a 2022 ticket with no J.C.  

• Like 2