British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Gladiators 2021

12 minutes ago, HGould said:

Might be  a nice team. Would cost a small fortune in Air Fares, Work Permits and paperwork.

Probably only one possible improver in that team and that's Atkins.

Maybe 2 realistic Bowtell and Atkins

I agree, ideally you would like riders based in this country. 

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

with plymouth poole and eastbourne all championship clubs it would make a good southern tour if fixtures were sorted and we can travel could be a good earner for the clubs 

Think the original plan was for the northern clubs to do Kent on Tuesday and Poole on Wednesday. If Plymouth opt to run on Tuesdays rather than Fridays then that offers a further alternative.

Edited by Dickie Head

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Looking at all the names mentioned here, this is the best team I can come up with!

Plymouth

1 Bjarne Pedersen 11.06?

2 Hans Andersen 9.26?

3 Niklas Porsing 6.19?

4 Zdenek Simota 5.09

5 Nick Agertoft 4.00

6 Alfie Bowtell 3.02

7 Henry Atkins 2.**

Total 38.62 + 2

Only the reserves look any value there and the engine room is shocking Agertoft? Really?

• Like 1

Giving the circumstances Plymouth find themselves in putting their team together, not of their making, I think they will find it very difficult to put a competitive team together. Obviously there`s Covid, and of course the situation with riders who are committed to Poland.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I remember hull being in a very similar situation having to take the remaining riders not employed.  They ended up winning the league that season.  So keep positive 

Makes sense. There are positives too as the number of options to consider is fewer so less time deciding, riders out of work at present should be more grateful for the opportunity and not ask for silly sums otherwise they risk being left on the fringes for the the upcoming season. Its just a case of picking the decent gaters out of who is leftover and keeping fingers crossed for some home results

13 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I remember hull being in a very similar situation having to take the remaining riders not employed.  They ended up winning the league that season.  So keep positive 

Lynn in 1997 the same.....joined the EL at the eleventh hour and ended up having a really good season (Wigg, Parker, Brhel, Topinka, Hurry, Ermolenko, Tacey)

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Lynn in 1997 the same.....joined the EL at the eleventh hour and ended up having a really good season (Wigg, Parker, Brhel, Topinka, Hurry, Ermolenko, Tacey)

On the other hand, Birmingham joined the league late in 2019, and finished last ...

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Think the original plan was for the northern clubs to do Kent on Tuesday and Poole on Wednesday. If Plymouth opt to run on Tuesdays rather than Fridays then that offers a further alternative.

Kent run some meetings on Mondays!!

I think part of the criteria for Plymouth being accepted into the championship was they had to put together a competitive team, so they couldn't just go with a load of nl riders,it will be interesting to see how competitive we are once the season starts covid permitting. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Think you will find they can only run NL on Monday's not championship 

Kent will run on Tuesdays, they will also run on some bank holidays  (not in the same week).

As far as planning goes I believe they are allowed to run Championship or NL any evening except Saturday finishing by 8.30pm except Friday which is 9.15pm or run on a bank holiday but finish by 6.30pm.