British Speedway Forum

Lewis Bridger Returns

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

Lewis has always favoured small tracks . He couldn’t cut the mustard at Peterborough. It’s difficult to see him making a splash at Kings Lynn. He has the experience and talent to hold beat second strings and reserves in a weakened league, but I find it difficult to see him making much of an impact..

I'd rather he finished up at Leicester as I don't think King's Lynn would suit him at all...........yet I get a nasty feeling!!!!! 

did Graham  Jones  make a come back for Berwick around the early 2000 seasons  in the bandits team after after calling it a day ? 

i seem to remember he could gate very well and looked really good , apart from the rubber ring around his tum tum .

my old mate Terry Kelly would prob do a good job ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Ronnie Moore?

As I am sure Norbold will confirm Ronnie cams back virtually world class after a 6 year retirement ,  but as far as I recall he is very much the exception that proves the rule. Others have come back with varying degrees of success , but I struggle to think of any  ( apart from arguably Todd Wiltshire) that really came back as a force to be reckoned with.

Ian the context of Lewis , my mind continually goes back to his final comments when he last retired. He said the kneck injury he suffered in a fall a Berwick meant that he would wake up in pain every day for the rest of his life. That might have improved by now but one awkward fall is likely to knock a hole in his confidence, then it will,probably be all down hill.

I actually like Lewis.He is a good rider and has been generally a good servant to the sport ,  but I can’t see any way a comeback is going to succeed , apart from beating juniors and reserves in a weakened league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E I Addio said:

As I am sure Norbold will confirm Ronnie cams back virtually world class after a 6 year retirement ,  but as far as I recall he is very much the exception that proves the rule. Others have come back with varying degrees of success , but I struggle to think of any  ( apart from arguably Todd Wiltshire) that really came back as a force to be reckoned with.

Ian the context of Lewis , my mind continually goes back to his final comments when he last retired. He said the kneck injury he suffered in a fall a Berwick meant that he would wake up in pain every day for the rest of his life. That might have improved by now but one awkward fall is likely to knock a hole in his confidence, then it will,probably be all down hill.

I actually like Lewis.He is a good rider and has been generally a good servant to the sport ,  but I can’t see any way a comeback is going to succeed , apart from beating juniors and reserves in a weakened league.

Have to say I've never seen Lewis Bridger ride but remember reading that "Mad" Malcolm Ballard was once his spanner man?

13 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Dakota North...

William Lawson? He looked a real talent while riding for the Newcastle Gems had a few seasons in the old PL and then retired, and came back last year with Edinburgh. Someone might correct me if I'm wrong but think he might've retired when he spent the season at Berwick as #1 and is now a reserve. Although I think his machinery leaves a lot to be desired at times.