British Speedway Forum

Best Fact About Your Team

TonyMac

12 minutes ago, falcace said:

Exeter's steel fence was built from unused air raid shelters. (I think I've got that right?) 

You're not supposed to name the track - just the fact...

Guest compost
12 hours ago, prodons said:

Got a feeling that Compost is referring to a southern based team 

Yes indeed but can't say where.

Second best fact about the team is that we had a meeting snowed off in mid-June.  This at a southern venue which rarely sees snow in January (or ever).  The local paper had a picture of it, all gone within 24 hours though.

48 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Loved the smell from that bakery as we approached the turnstiles.

Beats the smell from Telfers meat pie factory down the street.

I'm reasonably confident that I've tripped and fell over something at my local speedway stadium and that no one has tripped over one of these at any other track in the country. To give some context it was back in the 80's when fans and riders packed the bar after meetings and living within walking distance it was always around midnight before tottering out of a very dark, unlit stadium and car park.

Any guesses? If not, answer tomorrow! 

7 hours ago, Shrub said:

I'm reasonably confident that I've tripped and fell over something at my local speedway stadium and that no one has tripped over one of these at any other track in the country. To give some context it was back in the 80's when fans and riders packed the bar after meetings and living within walking distance it was always around midnight before tottering out of a very dark, unlit stadium and car park.

Any guesses? If not, answer tomorrow! 

Beaver?

• Haha 1