British Speedway Forum

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

1 hour ago, mickthemuppet said:

No S O N shoud have play offs and finals. Should have been 42 heats and that's it. Poland were far the best team and should have been crowned champions. Rather silly that the team scoring way more than any other  team only come second

Viva G.B.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eric i said:

Speedway fans really will moan about anything.

I just can't believe that so many can't just accept that G.B. won fair and square according to the rules set before the event.

Moaners is too kind to them they are just sad, sad people.

I've seen Dan mature from his Comet days.....in 2018 he fractured his femur into 3 pieces..was maybe career ending..and yesterday...

HE BECAME A WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!!!

Oh go on then find a moan..some will eh! 

Edited by singy13
spelling/ wrong date
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, singy13 said:

I just can't believe that so many can't just accept that G.B. won fair and square according to the rules set before the event.

Moaners is to kind to them they are just sad, sad people.

I've seen Dan mature from his Comet days.....in 1998 he fractured his femur into 3 pieces..was maybe career ending..and yesterday...

HE BECAME A WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!!!

Oh go on then find a moan..some will eh! 

That's a bad injury for an 18y/o, never mind an embryo.:t:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

No S O N shoud have play offs and finals. Should have been 42 heats and that's it. Poland were far the best team and should have been crowned champions. Rather silly that the team scoring way more than any other  team only come second

I thought it was a great spectacle which led to a superb finale. If, as you suggest, there were no play offs and final then the Sunday meeting would have been a dead rubber with no anticipation/excitement etc. and virtually nothing to play for.

Perhaps some Polish fans might agree with you but I'm sure the vast majority of people including neutrals, TV viewers etc would prefer it as it was. Sport is all about excitement/edge of your seat stuff right up until the final whistle and the SON for me truly delivered on that score.

• Like 1

I'm still very much chuffed about last night.I was thinking though what are the reactions of the  British riders like,King,the Worralls,Harris any British rider as a matter of fact.Were they jumping about in the middle of the room like me at the final race.Do they end up being fans like us shouting and sceaming,biting their nails having a few beers etc.Or do they just not bother with the being the fan bit.

• Like 1

Getting fed up of reading stuff like this....yes I know it's my choice to do it ta.....BUT every team knew the rules prior to the event, and no matter what the scores were after 42 heats there was always gonna be a top three finale ok.

Why not be happy G.B. won a trophy..at last ????????????

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I'm still very much chuffed about last night.I was thinking though what are the reactions of the  British riders like,King,the Worralls,Harris any British rider as a matter of fact.Were they jumping about in the middle of the room like me at the final race.Do they end up being fans like us shouting and sceaming,biting their nails having a few beers etc.Or do they just not bother with the being the fan bit.

Hope they were bothered though - because despite the veteran age of some they could perhaps still feature for G.B. sometime.......maybe depends if 'Captain Mainwaring' will allow it....bet 'Private Godfrey' won't be happy to see that scenario though.

19 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Getting fed up of reading stuff like this....yes I know it's my choice to do it ta.....BUT every team knew the rules prior to the event, and no matter what the scores were after 42 heats there was always gonna be a top three finale ok.

I agree we all know the rules,but do we really need 42 hts over 2 days  to decide it,lucky was at  Belle Vue and the fans got real entertainment,if the Final had been at the venue that they held the Semi’s you would have been bored stiff.GB won it which is fair enough.Being honest your could have raced for a fortnight and still had the same top 3.Roll on 2022.Will GB have to qualify next year.?

Edited by Fromafar

24 minutes ago, singy13 said:

25 minutes ago, singy13 said:

I agree they all knew the rules,but do you really need 42 hts over 2 days to decide it.Lucky it was at Belle Vue and the fans got great entertainment,if it had been at the venue for the Semi’s the would have been bored stiff.GB were worthy winners,but you could have raced for a fortnight and got the same top 3.(Aussies might not agree).GB will have qualify for the final next year unless there is a rule change.

Watched day 2 replay now (selected heats) ... still can't think what Janowski was doing in the final, was he trying to do what  did Hellström Bängs to him a few heats earlier to Zmarzlik? If so why? Not sure agree with Tatum that Zmarzlik got in his way.

Still no idea how Lambert overtook Madsen in the semi, not that it matters.

Other than that disappointed with Lebedevs & Australia, expected more, but Bellego surprised me maybe he will hold his own at Leszno.

I'll watch day 1 - couldn't attend  due to family wedding - at some point.

Congratulations to Tai (get well soon lad), Robert, Dan & Tom also Oliver & Simon .... superb effort from Team GB (including mechanics)

I was one of the Dan fans pre match and am very happy he got his chance 

Edited by Gr8scot
Error
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I agree we all know the rules,but do we really need 42 hts over 2 days  to decide it,lucky was at  Belle Vue and the fans got real entertainment,if the Final had been at the venue that they held the Semi’s you would have been bored stiff.GB won it which is fair enough.Being honest your could have raced for a fortnight and still had the same top 3.Roll on 2022.Will GB have to qualify next year.?

2 days is double revenue… makes it far more financially stable

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

A speedy recovery for Tai hopefully, but for me it was brilliant to have the group Team GB photographs without tattoos!!  (Just a personal view ;))

This wasn't a moan. I wasn't unhappy or complaining. It was a great effort by Team GB with some memorable photographs.:t: