British Speedway Forum

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

7 minutes ago, someone said:

I hate the scoring system, and would have no problem with the final being a single meeting,  but having it over two days you need a deciding heat at the end of it all.

Otherwise you risk it being all over at the end of the first day.  Tomorrow everyone but Sweden will be trying to get into the race-off, otherwise we would just be hoping Poland make a few mistakes to create any interest.

If the riders are getting decent money they won’t complain and just take their chance in the Final..It will take crash or EF to stop the Poles though.

3 minutes ago, Neila said:

Think due to fim rules think he was off his bike gardening as the 2 minutes was up

That was the only thing I could think off (we didn't see that), but Woffinden wasn't ready at the tapes either! That is what confuses me...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chunky said:

But we'd still like to know why he was excluded...

The referee doesn’t like lambert lol

from what I saw on the tv they both got to the tapes together?   Could do with an explanation as to why woffy was nt excluded as well ?

5 minutes ago, chunky said:

That was the only thing I could think off (we didn't see that), but Woffinden wasn't ready at the tapes either! That is what confuses me...

It would certainly have been useful to see a replay of what each of the riders was doing when the clock hit zero.

You have to feel a bit sorry for the French. They scored a solid 24 points today but were the only ones who raced the Swedish seniors.

Everyone else got 7 points against the Swedes but the French only got 3. 

That extra 4 points would have put them right up in contention for the 3rd place going into day 2.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bendonebunching said:

Was looking straight at the clock and Lambert wasn't even sat on  the bike when the time was up., 

Okay, thanks. We couldn't see that...

3 minutes ago, Bendonebunching said:

Was looking straight at the clock and Lambert wasn't even sat on  the bike when the time was up., 

That is a horrible mistake for him to have made. It's not like he isn't used to the rules requiring you to be ready when the clock hits zero as they are the same in the GPs and the Ekstraliga.

Just got back in from the meeting, not the best ever meeting from the NSS but still a great nights entertainment...

These lads really do put EVERYTHING on the line at this level...

Saw Tai's crash from the top row of the Monster Rig and feared the worst given the angle and the hellish speed he went into the fence...

Great to see him walk away...

All to play for tomorrow if Tai is fit..,

You only need to get to the semi and Robert and Tai are more than capable of delivering no lasts in that race...

And then to the Final, and who knows what may happen? Even the best can be a nano second off at the start...

Met plenty of Poles tonight, who certainly enjoyed themsleves, :D, and a fair few from around the country..

Proper Speedway atmosphere on the 3rd and 4th bend Nige... :t:

• Like 4

Those that want Bewley in, I expect them to get their wish tomorrow, Woffinden looking VERY 2nd hand after.

shame about the track, not great, very slick and the racing showed it wasn’t prepared how it deserves to be

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Smarzlik was on cruise control most of the meeting.

Watching him tonight makes you realise how good he is....

But also how good Laguta must have been this year to beat him... 

• Like 1