British Speedway Forum

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

When an FIM meeting isn’t fireman Phil in charge of track preparation??

When BV had the final 2016 the Friday night the track was too grippy, NKIverson got the track record but racing was useless. From what I heard it was not the BV track staff that directed the track preparation. I assume the Saturday night the BV track staff were involved because it was slower but great racing.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 2:46 AM, HenryW said:

I think you might have got a bit carried away with a love of Hungary or some nostalgia there...
Zoltan Adorjan made it to the World Final three times, 1985, 1989 and 1990. His best finish was 14th (15th and 16th for the other 2).
Sandor Tihanyi made it to the World Final once, in 1988. He finished 15th. 
I think Antal Kocso is the Hungarian that has actually had the best World Final result so far with his 11th in 1988, but I'm not convinced by my memory there, so wait to be told about some better Hungarian...
However, the mid to late 80s seemed like a good time for Hungarian speedway. 

What I meant was there always seemed to be at least one Hungarian in the World Final.

• Like 1

2nd Event was safer, but less interesting to watch, shame USA were in first semi would have been a better tussle for top 3 had they been involved.  Latvia & France progressing means there are a couple of decent spoilers in the final, but no more than that.

What's happened to Bogdanovs, Kostigovs & Puodžuks for Latvia?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Col said:

2nd Event was safer, but less interesting to watch, shame USA were in first semi would have been a better tussle for top 3 had they been involved.  Latvia & France progressing means there are a couple of decent spoilers in the final, but no more than that.

What's happened to Bogdanovs, Kostigovs & Puodžuks for Latvia?

Bogdanovs injured probably retired- other 2 are not as good as Mihailovs

10 hours ago, Col said:

Latvia & France progressing means there are a couple of decent spoilers in the final,

:rolleyes:

No idea how you come to that conclusion. Think they will both be out of their depth. Got through because of the lack of any other competition. If Huckenbeck had any sort of back up like a fit Smolinski or Riss then Germany would have beaten one if not both of them

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Latvia & France progressing means there are a couple of decent spoilers in the final,

:rolleyes:

No idea how you come to that conclusion. Think they will both be out of their depth. Got through because of the lack of any other competition. If Huckenbeck had any sort of back up like a fit Smolinski or Riss then Germany would have beaten one if not both of them

The NSS can be a leveller due to the nature of how it rides,. For example, Joe Jacobs & Jye Etheridge av beaten many a top class rider around there riding for Belle Vue so who's to say the likes of Bellego, Bergé, Lebedevs etc can't be spoilers? 

Those 3 are well established & very capable riders so to disregard them would be like sayin Southampton had no chance at Man City at the weekend! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I just did

Never found the 2019 SoN qualifier from Youtube, but I believe Lebedevs was on his way to a maximum before Morris decided to scrape off the outside line midway trhough. Probably just before GB meeting LV. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Never found the 2019 SoN qualifier from Youtube, but I believe Lebedevs was on his way to a maximum before Morris decided to scrape off the outside line midway trhough. Probably just before GB meeting LV. 

And a few years ago Tai was the best rider in the world. 

3 hours ago, iris123 said:

And a few years ago Tai was the best rider in the world. 

And he still is! Form is temporary class is permanent :t:

A quote I know from someone very close to him. "He may be having a sh*t season but he's still number 5 in the world! 

He'll be back! 

And I don't just judge a rider by wot they do on track, Tai is top class off it as well with his charity work and the personal things he does for his fans. 

Edited by PirateShip

17 hours ago, iris123 said:

Bellego, Berge & Lebedevs have had decent outings at NSS before, inconsistently they will mix it with the top 5 teams. Not convinced any German rider would. Becker would also have been a decent spoiler.

• Like 2