British Speedway Forum

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

53 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

From what I've heard SWC might make a return.

Poland to win every year then unless the final is held at Plymouth. That would sort em out! :party:

*p.s that is not in anyway knocking the excellent work done by everyone at Plymouth, just a comparison in the size of the tracks.

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I would say that GB team has to be Woffinden, Bewley and Tom Brennan as the under 21.

When the GPChallenge was from Glasgow a good few weeks ago, I watched via stream and was very impressed with Brennan. Now even more so after watching him v Sheffield on Monday. Great potential.  However, he will be in Poland in a couple years time if he carries on developing as he is.

Tom Brennan at the U21 SoN on friday at Bydgoszcz, looking forward to see how he goes there, along with Leon Flint and Drew Kemp

• Like 1

it's been mentioned before, but the tickets are still giving the wrong times which is a worry, it really needs people being notified of the 4pm starts.

saw a mate earlier that's going and he was talking about gates at 5 so expecting a start of 7, there could be some really pissed off people if they think the same

5 hours ago, stevehone said:

it's been mentioned before, but the tickets are still giving the wrong times which is a worry, it really needs people being notified of the 4pm starts.

saw a mate earlier that's going and he was talking about gates at 5 so expecting a start of 7, there could be some really pissed off people if they think the same

I've had an official email from IMG to clarify that the start time is 4pm local time both days. So everyone should be getting this email or some other direct communication. 

Mind u, it says 'local time'.....Manchester as it's own 'local weather' so does mean their clocks are different as well! :rofl:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Don’t agree with that……. You got to be in it to win it. Those two have chosen not to be in it.

Emil has shown a liking for money over titles in the past when he sat out the GP's when he was possibly the best rider in the world along with Woffinden and denied us seeing those two duke it out for the world title... it's while he'll never be world champion

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

Emil has shown a liking for money over titles in the past when he sat out the GP's when he was possibly the best rider in the world along with Woffinden and denied us seeing those two duke it out for the world title... it's while he'll never be world champion

Once he retires and looks back on his speedway career I am sure he will regret that decision he made to skip the GPs. Ok he has 2 European Championships to his name, but it could possibly have been 2 World Championship titles, plus the first Russian world champion. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Emil was owed a lot of money at the time I understand and hadn't got the funds to get his equipment up to the required level of winning a world title. 

The Russian federation don't seemingly want to back their riders. Shame Roman Abramovich or someone of his ilk can't/won't spare some loose change like a couple of million to support the sport.

Edited by PirateShip

It does surprise me that there isn't a fine, or is there?, for fielding an under strength team (pair) for the relevant federation. If every nation had problems with their best riders deciding not to ride or not being picked then the SON would soon become a farce. Matej Zagar as also pulled out but I guess with Slovenia not really having a chance of winning it seems to have been overlooked.

Top 2 teams from each semi after the 21 heats qualify for the final. In each semi there is a race 22 where the 3rd and 4th teams meet with the winners also reaching the final.

confirmation scoring this year is 4, 3, 2, 0

Named U21 rider has to have 1 ride minimum.

Edited by racers and royals

I seem to have missed something. What is the reason for Sayfutdinov and Laguna not competing?.