British Speedway Forum

Jason Garrity

ch958

14 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

He’ll be in a team before the end of the season, he said in the interview that he’s already had offers.

As a rider, or as a hit man? :rofl:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Jason Garrity Interview 

Honest and open interview and held his hands up.  It does make me wonder now this interview has been released  if certain promoters are looking at the feedback on this to see if his worth a punt. 

• Like 2

I do not want him anywhere near the sport. But if he is coming back just keep him away from the Championship. I would not trust him one bit, but if anyone is stupid enough to sign him then he is their problem. 

I met jason a few times and really liked him.He has has a very hard life like not most of us would imagine so would live to see him racing again.He always gave 100% in racing,exciting to watch.

• Like 2

Loved watching him at Brum....exciting/committed in every race!

I think Jason needs life guidance....I hope he gets the therapy he needs and develops mentally.

Personally, I think if you just shut him down....then 'you' might be the one that benefits from a bit of work on 'compassion'!

Judgement is an obstacle that prevents you from having internal peace.

Forgiveness is the only way.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I do not want him anywhere near the sport. But if he is coming back just keep him away from the Championship. I would not trust him one bit, but if anyone is stupid enough to sign him then he is their problem. 

There was a certain other southern based Australian rider who you more than welcomed back on a number of occasions

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

There was a certain other southern based Australian rider who you more than welcomed back on a number of occasions

It's looking certain that Jason is returning to ride speedway for a team in the near future, people need to get over his past because if it's your team he rides for then I'm sure he'll be cheered as he starts to win races. Like I've said in posts before, I don't think any club will be bothered if a few don't attend because of Jason being there. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

It's looking certain that Jason is returning to ride speedway for a team in the near future, people need to get over his past because if it's your team he rides for then I'm sure he'll be cheered as he starts to win races. Like I've said in posts before, I don't think any club will be bothered if a few don't attend because of Jason being there. 

Personally, I think he deserves a 2nd chance, if he blows it then that's down to him

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, iainb said:

He was found 'not guilty' though, that is the difference. 

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He was found 'not guilty' though, that is the difference. 

Poole legend Malcolm Simmons?

Poole legend Michael Lee?

Both done time

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Forgiveness is the only way.

Along with an opportunity to redeem himself.

Yes, he is an idiot, and yes, he is a violent thug. BUT, do we just consign him to the scrap-heap of life (as the warm-hearted and incredibly perfect Lisa-Colette wishes), or do we give him a second chance?

Not everyone makes the most of a second chance. In fact, a lot don't. However, history is littered with idiots and violent thugs who HAVE turned their lives around in the best way possible.

No, he shouldn't be given endless chances, but he SHOULD be given one...

Edited by chunky
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, chunky said:

Along with an opportunity to redeem himself.

Yes, he is an idiot, and yes, he is a violent thug. BUT, do we just consign him to the scrap-heap of life (as the warm-hearted and incredibly perfect Lisa-Colette wishes), or do we give him a second chance?

Not everyone makes the most of a second chance. In fact, a lot don't. However, history is littered with idiots and violent thugs who HAVE turned their lives around in the best way possible.

No, he shouldn't be given endless chances, but he SHOULD be given one...

I just don't think it is a good idea but looks like I will have to come to terms with it.

I am not saying he can't have a second chance, just maybe in a different occupation. 

• Like 1

What if garrity took the rap for someone else ? Just something I heard on Monday from one of the mechanics, unlikely but he keeps saying he wants people to hear his side of the story 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I just don't think it is a good idea but looks like I will have to come to terms with it.

I am not saying he can't have a second chance, just maybe in a different occupation. 

NIMBY :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Let him come back and do the job he loves.   if it were your son who had gone off the rails would you want him

consigned to the scrap heap for something he now regrets ?

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That's hardly a second chance, is it? Or maybe it's a second chance - on YOUR terms?

• Like 1