British Speedway Forum

Jason Garrity

ch958

44 minutes ago, orion said:

Would all depend on what crime was..Drugs these are days are one way or another are linked to crime and in Garrity case drugs look like they have played a major part in his downfall..ive seen decent  family members get hooked on drugs and do some shocking things like nick there nans bank book etc..But they have got clean and now are fine and decent people..People who commit sex crimes are unlikely to change and will always be a danger.

That's what amazes me. Here in the US, drugs have always been more widely available/used, and people always say, "recreational drug use is fine". When it leads to harder drugs, and when it leads to crime, no it's not! Yet they still try to claim, "Oh, it's just a coincidence..."

1 minute ago, chunky said:

That's what amazes me. Here in the US, drugs have always been more widely available/used, and people always say, "recreational drug use is fine". When it leads to harder drugs, and when it leads to crime, no it's not! Yet they still try to claim, "Oh, it's just a coincidence..."

In all honesty, the fact SCB has posted on here is great news for Jason Garrity as his crime looks like absolutely nothing compared to what SCB has been done for and will no doubt be done for again in the future at some point. It takes the heat off Garrity hugely if people looking to sign him are reading this topic. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, chunky said:

Some people can have a smoke and be fine thou its  never been my bag..but no doubt in a lot of cases it leads to harder drugs  and then crime..In Garrity case a good way forward would be to test him regular and that would make him  think about  getting back into it if indeed he  has stopped..The ball in his court if hes gets a second chance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orion said:

Some people can have a smoke and be fine thou its  never been my bag..but no doubt in a lot of cases it leads to harder drugs  and then crime..In Garrity case a good way forward would be to test him regular and that would make him  think about  getting back into it if indeed he  has stopped..The ball in his court if hes gets a second chance.

dont forget he also has the same addiction as us , he loves his speedway.:drink:

• Like 2

Just now, Triple.H. said:

Maybe in the case of JG a group of riders should be asked on their opinions of him returning to the sport and any relevant measures they feel should be put in place if he did return.

Trouble is Drugs is rife in Speedway ..Its Russia Roulette when they do these test who they catch ..hard to give advice to Jason from most of them i would suspect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So 90% on here believe once a criminal always one.

Well lets criminalize all the boat people.

They are all criminals, trying to enter our country illegally period. 

What happens, we open our arms and pay them to stay and in 5 star hotels.

Then rape, torture and pillage.

Spend a few months in prison, come out and kill innocent people.

Categorisation with Jason Garrity crime?

2 hours ago, secsy1 said:

biggest criminals are in government , and people vote for them. :rofl:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, secsy1 said:

Do they...not really.. i would say most people what to give him a second chance..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, secsy1 said:

I don't think that is the case.

There is a level that is hard to turn back from. A mental illness, if you like that is hard to cure. Garrity, as i posted before, has already said once that he is reformed and then went out and commited worse than he was supposedly reformed from. I don't think someone like that should be given a chance in the public eye tbh. But maybe the victim should be asked if it is ok for him to be in the media spotlight whilst they are maybe still suffering the mental scars ? It doesn't sound like it was a poor choice. It sounds like he set out with the idea that he is the only person who matters

Some criminals for sure make a mistake and learn their lesson

I even know someone who was locked up for murder. But he was in a way a victim of circumstancess. He was having a night out in a pub with his wife and some bloke started an argument. I think he was trying to flirt with the guys wife from memory. Smething like that as she was pretty. They decided to leave and the guy followed them into the car park and a fight started. The guy i know, who was a part time hunter for farmers, shooting deer etc, managed to get to his car where he had a hunting knife and used it to defend himself in a sense. The law didn't see it like that and he was put away. But as far as i know he wasn't a violent person and never reoffended. It was just a one-off crazy moment 

scb and Garrity for me are different. And if he needs a career for the next 30 or 40 years then he is much better looking elsewhere, as it is unlikely that speedway will be much of a career for him even in the short term. If he comes back, i doubt he will last 2 seasons.........

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I don't think that is the case.

There is a level that is hard to turn back from. A mental illness, if you like that is hard to cure. Garrity, as i posted before, has already said once that he is reformed and then went out and commited worse than he was supposedly reformed from. I don't think someone like that should be given a chance in the public eye tbh. But maybe the victim should be asked if it is ok for him to be in the media spotlight whilst they are maybe still suffering the mental scars ? It doesn't sound like it was a poor choice. It sounds like he set out with the idea that he is the only person who matters

Some criminals for sure make a mistake and learn their lesson

I even know someone who was locked up for murder. But he was in a way a victim of circumstancess. He was having a night out in a pub with his wife and some bloke started an argument. I think he was trying to flirt with the guys wife from memory. Smething like that as she was pretty. They decided to leave and the guy followed them into the car park and a fight started. The guy i know, who was a part time hunter for farmers, shooting deer etc, managed to get to his car where he had a hunting knife and used it to defend himself in a sense. The law didn't see it like that and he was put away. But as far as i know he wasn't a violent person and never reoffended. It was just a one-off crazy moment 

scb and Garrity for me are different. And if he needs a career for the next 30 or 40 years then he is much better looking elsewhere, as it is unlikely that speedway will be much of a career for him even in the short term. If he comes back, i doubt he will last 2 seasons.........

Ffs, the guy you know managed to get to his car and get a hunting knife out and used it in a sense says it all - he deserved to be jailed. A part time hunter that shoots deer would have the killer instinct or as you say a one off crazy moment. Your mate and scb make Jason look harmless in comparison.

• Like 2

For me, there is a difference between pre-meditated and spontaneous. 

My mums uncle was in prison a couple of times for armed robbery. He got involved in one of the London gangs in the 60s. He was actually a chippy, so could have made a good living honestly, but chose a life of crime, and it was all planned. Same as scb and Garrity, chose and planned a crime

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

For me, there is a difference between pre-meditated and spontaneous. 

Unfortunately, a lot of people don't get that, and they think that everything is black and white...

29 minutes ago, chunky said:

Unfortunately, a lot of people don't get that, and they think that everything is black and white...

This is true. There is a difference between premeditated and spontaneous. However, there is also a difference between spontaneous and not doing anything. I think most people would fit into the latter.

On 5/7/2024 at 4:20 PM, lisa-colette said:

Yeah Robins Updates quoted about it so I did see the post.

https://x.com/RobinsUpdates/status/1787863979378856088

Edit - I assume you don't mean the actual interview as that is at 5pm. Did someone put it up too early then? 

Not that I'd be watching it as I don't care what he has to say. 

I totally agree with you regarding not interested what he says, quite perplexed at some of the do-gooders attitude towards the p***k on here, not to mention that other weirdo scb....I see a lot of speedway people on Twitter interacting with the latter sucking up to him....surely they're a bit too old for him...some strange folk attend this sport and comment on here....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

I totally agree with you regarding not interested what he says, quite perplexed at some of the do-gooders attitude towards the p***k on here, not to mention that other weirdo scb....I see a lot of speedway people on Twitter interacting with the latter sucking up to him....surely they're a bit too old for him...some strange folk attend this sport and comment on here....

What is p***k...Plonk? 'Plonk' is slang for wine, I believe! :unsure: