British Speedway Forum

Prague GP`s rounds 5 and 6 Friday and Saturday September 18th and 19th

7 hours ago, tarkens said:

Gollob's last bend swoop on Jimmy Nilsen was at Wroclaw, not Bydgoszcz :) 

In nearly 60 years of watching speedway, I have NEVER seen a move like that one. Every time I watch it (which is pretty regularly!) my heart skips a beat - literally...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tarkens said:

And as for Dudek's helmet, it was BSI's camera, I believe both Dudek and Janowski had it on (at least on Friday), so hopefully we'll some good footage from it soon

They show the footage on the Saturday Talking dirt programm

8 hours ago, tarkens said:

And as for Dudek's helmet, it was BSI's camera, I believe both Dudek and Janowski had it on (at least on Friday), so hopefully we'll some good footage from it soon

Thanks.

I thought Dudek was wearing some kind of Darth Dudek voice box to communicate with the pits lol

10 hours ago, chunky said:

In nearly 60 years of watching speedway, I have NEVER seen a move like that one. Every time I watch it (which is pretty regularly!) my heart skips a beat - literally...

To me the greatest pass I have ever seen too  thought TG was going to go through the fence ,Bart could well be one of the all time greats injury allowing .

6 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

The FIM regulation that prohibits the use of a camera on a helmet is 01.67

I daresay there's a loophole then where the   peak isn't considered too be part of the helmet. I know the thinking was the camera could  cause an injury but a peak mounted  one could possibly do a lot of damage in a  fall such as Jazon Doyle's at the weekend.. 

I also realise a lot of HSE type rules/laws are a fair bit into the beinv struck by lightning percentages.

18 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

I daresay there's a loophole then where the   peak isn't considered too be part of the helmet. I know the thinking was the camera could  cause an injury but a peak mounted  one could possibly do a lot of damage in a  fall such as Jazon Doyle's at the weekend.. 

I also realise a lot of HSE type rules/laws are a fair bit into the beinv struck by lightning percentages.

Just to be sure I have checked the regs.

01.67 A helmet is made to provide protection. It is not a platform to attach foreign objects. Cameras and/or other accessories are NOT permitted nor shall be attached to the rider's helmet.

So like you say the peak may be safe, especially if it has a green M on it 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

As most riders use coloured helmets for each gate position, why not remove the peak so as not to have a tape infringement as the tapes rise & catch the peak.

I think it’s likely the front wheel has touched the tape well before the peak on a helmet. Seems the helmet peak catches when they have gone through the tapes with the wheel and carried on.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/21/2020 at 7:21 AM, chunky said:

Have you a link to this, every time I try You Tube, it brings up Dennis Nielsen  :mad:

Edited by hyderd

19 hours ago, HenryW said:

The Gollob and Nilsen race?

Thank you.

• Like 1