British Speedway Forum

U-21 FINAL: BERWICK, Wednesday, October 21st

Just now, sommelier said:

If I have watched a worst meeting than this I can't remember when

It's pretty p155 poor isn't it, thankfully I've not seen most of it due to the abysmal camera work.

Glad I only "donated" a fiver... And I still feel short changed!

1 minute ago, sommelier said:

That must be the worst streaming event I have ever watched

Just getting you warmed up for Eurosport. How many have you watched?

Edited by iainb

1 minute ago, bruno said:

Good of Berwick to put it on but it's supposed to be a professional sport. That was awful. Well done to the riders for giving it a go . I was going to donate a fiver but in all honesty it wasn't worth it

Worst £20.00 i have parted with

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Just getting you warmed up for Eurosport. How many have you watched?

A bit unfair on Eurosport that....

It's usually the first races they miss rather than the  last ones..:D

• Haha 1

With Ben91's permission, my thoughts. (Don't worry lad, get someone to explain them to you). 

I really have a soft spot for Berwick, but even allowing for the power supply problems that wasc awful. It was only bu chance reading the comments on the Speedway Updates that I found a working link. The meeting ambled along with no sense of purpose or urgency and we were rewarded by the cancellation of the key final three races. Yes, they'd had problems but they didn't seem to be trying to make up for the delays.

I was dreadfully disappointed by the TV coverage - lousy sound, poor camerawork including the key rerun of heat 16 out of focus and a poor choiuce of support for Goddard.

I've donated because I believe passionately in the future of streaming in speedway. I love my trips to Shielfield Park and was happy to get an 'extra' trip up there.

Speedway can be wonderful. Sometimes it can be awful. Sadly this was the latter. 

I won't post more because it'll only annoy Ben 91. Hrey Ben, I'll take a day off easily - I'll just think of your inane postings and that'll help. There is one condition - you take a month off......................

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RobMcCaffery said:

With Ben91's permission, my thoughts. (Don't worry lad, get someone to explain them to you). 

I really have a soft spot for Berwick, but even allowing for the power supply problems that wasc awful. It was only bu chance reading the comments on the Speedway Updates that I found a working link. The meeting ambled along with no sense of purpose or urgency and we were rewarded by the cancellation of the key final three races. Yes, they'd had problems but they didn't seem to be trying to make up for the delays.

I was dreadfully disappointed by the TV coverage - lousy sound, poor camerawork including the key rerun of heat 16 out of focus and a poor choiuce of support for Goddard.

I've donated because I believe passionately in the future of streaming in speedway. I love my trips to Shielfield Park and was happy to get an 'extra' trip up there.

Speedway can be wonderful. Sometimes it can be awful. Sadly this was the latter. 

I won't post more because it'll only annoy Ben 91. Hrey Ben, I'll take a day off easily - I'll just think of your inane postings and that'll help. There is one condition - you take a month off......................

Hang on, you were quite rude to Somellier earlier, yet you’re the victim here?.................

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Wet track,DryTrack,Wide Track,Narrow Track, that is the best of GB young talent.:rolleyes:

Look, we all know that we are a fair way behind other countries in youth development and have been for a while but we have a pretty good crop of 16-18 year olds at the moment and my point is that the track and conditions tonight were a pretty poor platform for them to perform on, I expect some of them hadn’t even ridden there before. You put that on at Scunny or Belle Vue for example and I dare say we would be discussing it very differently. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Neila said:

Think Kyle bickley has spat his dummy out and gone home, sorry but don't think he has got it to go any further, should be doing a lot better than this with all the years he's been riding !!

Kyle Bickley's reputation was built on his success as a junior, but as soon as he hit senior racing at sixteen, he hasn't been anything special.

That said in both the British U19 and U21, he has been dire.

Ultimately, he's a rider with good gear and good backing, but sadly it appears limited ability.

• Like 4

Some grumbling about the track and quality of racing. Could it be a lot of the riders have not had much track time this year and were racing a bit “cold”. Let’s face , a meeting in the middle of October is unlikely to give the best entertainment. The meeting should have been run by someone smarter then who was doing it. Too much  time between races made it drag on and the meeting proper did not finish due to the curfew on noise to the neighbouring houses. I will be giving a donation in the morning to give encouragement to Berwick Speedway. It will help to cover expenses - not many things in life are free, running a speedway meeting needs paying for.

• Like 3