British Speedway Forum

U-21 FINAL: BERWICK, Wednesday, October 21st

1 hour ago, topsoil said:

Cheers. My reason for asking was that I would like to stream the meeting but not sure if I would have the opportunity to watch it 'same time'. There's more chance that I would have time later on.

Last week I asked Berwick speedway will the stream be available after the event as I cannot watch it live. They said no decision made yet, they have done that before, probably will do but it will be announced on the website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Last week I asked Berwick speedway will the stream be available after the event as I cannot watch it live. They said no decision made yet, they have done that before, probably will do but it will be announced on the website.

If you can watch it fo free on the night ,don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t put it up later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

If you can watch it fo free on the night ,don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t put it up later.

It would make sense particularly if the option to make a donation is still open

I went to Berwicks web site, but can't find a link to the pay to view on it?  Have I missed something, or is it likely to appear at a later date nearer the event? I'd be happy to pay to view the meeting after a season ruined by Covid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

I'm assuming this will be behind closed doors, but with just 6 days to go surely it is time to make that official.

Weather forecast looks a bit dicey.

cloudy with a couple of showers ... typical Berwick race day weather. As for the rules on spectators at sporting events ... not sure the government has made it up yet for next Wednesday. 

2 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

cloudy with a couple of showers ... typical Berwick race day weather. As for the rules on spectators at sporting events ... not sure the government has made it up yet for next Wednesday. 

Not sure the Govt. has made it up to this Wednesday... and that was yesterday

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 5:10 PM, Bunce said:

I went to Berwicks web site, but can't find a link to the pay to view on it?  Have I missed something, or is it likely to appear at a later date nearer the event? I'd be happy to pay to view the meeting after a season ruined by Covid.

I'm sure they'll spell it out over the next couple of days but from what's on Facebook I believe you simply watch it via the club's Youtube channel Bandits TV, accessed via the club website or Youtube itself and then, if you want, make a donation via the yellow donate button on the Berwick speedway website. No sign up as such as it's not really pay for view but actually a free stream with an invitation to "pay what you think it's worth" via the donate button.  

• Like 3

So, on the track, who's gonna be on the podium on Wednesday?

Dan Bewley should be a top-three certainty, as should Drew Kemp.   Then there's Anders Rowe and Tom Brennan.    Plus Leon Flint, on his home circuit.        Oh, and Kyle Bickley, Jordan Palin, Jason Edwards and even the Thompsons..........

In short, it should be a good night in at the speedway.        Remember to offer a donation for your free stream....

• Like 4

4 hours ago, crescent girl said:

So, on the track, who's gonna be on the podium on Wednesday?

Dan Bewley should be a top-three certainty, as should Drew Kemp.   Then there's Anders Rowe and Tom Brennan.    Plus Leon Flint, on his home circuit.        Oh, and Kyle Bickley, Jordan Palin, Jason Edwards and even the Thompsons..........

In short, it should be a good night in at the speedway.        Remember to offer a donation for your free stream....

Dan Bewley should start as favourite, but I would think it will actually be a better meeting than the past two years, where only machinery gremlins were going to stop Robert Lambert. It was great to watch him fly around the track, but there was a huge gap in talent between him and the rest of the field. 

Of the others I was impressed by Tom Brennan at the event last year. Drew Kemp is talent and Anders Rowe should benefit from his time in Poland this year.

Interesting to see how the new track looks, weather depending of course.

• Like 1